Verizon finally giving Samsung edge as temp

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Looks like Verizon finally realized many waiting on note 7 to send back due to pixel xl not being shipped yet.. They setup a Samsung edge temp unit until pixel ships. Kinda pointless but something for now.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have both. S7 edge is an exceptional phone. Makes pixel hardware feels like a joke. Once you hold an S7 edge in your hand, you will know the true value of exceptional design.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have both. S7 edge is an exceptional phone. Makes pixel hardware feels like a joke. Once you hold an S7 edge in your hand, you will know the true value of exceptional design.

I have tried out the S7 Edge (and S7 as well) and while they're nice, they're not the be all end all. I'm not a fan of glass on the front and back on any device, to me it's just asking for issues. While water resistance would be better on the Pixel, I've never had a device with it so it's not high on my priorities list.

I suppose it doesn't help that I'm not a fan of the Edge thing or TouchWiz (the Grace UI is better than the old TouchWiz, but I'm still not a fan). I prefer stock because I want to decide what goes on my device and what doesn't. Stock is a blank canvas, and allows me to put only what I want on it. I hate having to disable stuff I don't want or using a third party launcher to do that. But that's just me.

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Not really, Samsung In general get very sluggish and hot ovetime.. It doesn't matter if the case is made of gold, everyone has to put on a case anyways. I just went to verizon store and compared s6 with pixel xl.. Day and night difference in speed and heat. Without doing anything on s6 it feels warm in store already, where as pixel xl is cool to touch and buttery smooth interface.. I am sold on pixel xl anyways, but just want to throw my opinion..

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't put cases on my phones so desing and feel in the hand is as important as how the phone functions. There isn't a perfect phone our there. You have to give some to gain some. And people are free to like what the like.

aoshia

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I had an S7 Edge as a loaner before the Pixel was even released. IMO, the Pixel is a better phone. The Edge was the first phone that I was literally annoyed by.

vazz98

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't put cases on my phones. Or screen protectors. Although glass screen protectors seem tempting. I'm surprised that after a year or more my phones are in good shape with scratches. Anyway I have the XL and it runs great. It's just so ugly to me. I'm going to hit the V20 forum and see how Note 7 users like that phone. I know looks don't mean much if it runs well, and I tell myself that all day. Then I pick up the phone to use it and see how ugly it is.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't put cases on my phones. Or screen protectors. Although glass screen protectors seem tempting. I'm surprised that after a year or more my phones are in good shape with scratches. Anyway I have the XL and it runs great. It's just so ugly to me. I'm going to hit the V20 forum and see how Note 7 users like that phone. I know looks don't mean much if it runs well, and I tell myself that all day. Then I pick up the phone to use it and see how ugly it is.
It matters unless you have that thing all coverd up with a big bulky case and never take it out. Not the case for either one of us, that's the main reason I'm not leaving s7 edge. Plus, that thing is EXPENSIVE.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
S7 Edge was the first Android I had that actually kept me off iOS for any amount of time. It was pretty fluid and ran relatively cool most of the time. Then I started getting some lag and freezing up. Not very frequent, but it was there. So, I went back to iOS for a short time (about a week was all I could handle).

Then came the Pixel... Unbelievable performance. Butter smooth. Not a horrible looking phone either. I have the Pixel and the Pixel XL. Trying to decide which one to keep.

Even though I still like my Edge, I cannot, in any way, keep it over my Pixel. The Edge may have more bells and whistles but that's not what I want in my phone. I want the buttery smooth, no stutter performance that I get with any task I throw at the Pixel.

Another thing I came to notice with my Edge was color problems with the camera. For some reason the colors were not "true to life". Focus was awesome. But the colors were always off. This makes a big difference when I'm sending pics of cabinets and countertops to absent customers to verify correct color selections. More than once I had to pull out the iPhone and send another picture because the colors were off. My Pixel is better than the iPhone ever was in this category. Perfect color, lighting, and focus.

I'm still thankful for the Edge showing me what Android is capable of but Pixel takes it to another level.... Just my experience and opinion. To each his own....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000