Few odds and ends to figure out with the pixel

wojotiger

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Overall I am happy with the pixel XL 128g, and the few cons are things I am sure I can get used to. I've searched but maybe I missed the answer to some of my questions.

1. Does anyone know how to increase the vibrate intensity? It seems very weak compared to my past samsung devices.

2. LED notifications are disappointing. I downloaded Light Manager and its okay, any other suggestions?

3. I knew I would find myself missing a some of the samsung features, but the one I seem to miss the most was the swipe to call. Is anyone aware of a good third party app that can do this?

Thanks in advance.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Overall I am happy with the pixel XL 128g, and the few cons are things I am sure I can get used to. I've searched but maybe I missed the answer to some of my questions.

1. Does anyone know how to increase the vibrate intensity? It seems very weak compared to my past samsung devices.

2. LED notifications are disappointing. I downloaded Light Manager and its okay, any other suggestions?

3. I knew I would find myself missing a some of the samsung features, but the one I seem to miss the most was the swipe to call. Is anyone aware of a good third party app that can do this?

Thanks in advance.
I can only help with the LED, try LightFlow it gives great control over your led for notifications.

I have not used it on the Pixel because I am about to turn the led off, the on screen notifications work great for me.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
For me personally coming from a blackberry for so many years I expected the light to be bigger and brighter. I can see it but would like it better if it wasn't housed in the ear piece speaker. Sometimes I miss it because it is so subtle. If the Pixel launcher showed email and messages etc I probably would not miss it as much. I don't want to be downloading and installing a ton of third party apps though

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I like the notification light. Just bright enough to be noticed but not bright enough to be obtrusive.

rslifkin

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
For those complaining about no numbers for unread emails, etc: the pixel launcher will show them if the app icon / widget supports it. Nine has a widget that properly displays the number of unread emails in your inbox. It should be possible for other email apps as well.

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
For those complaining about no numbers for unread emails, etc: the pixel launcher will show them if the app icon / widget supports it. Nine has a widget that properly displays the number of unread emails in your inbox. It should be possible for other email apps as well.
It's enabled but don't see it for nine... I think it's only for custom launchers and not pixel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital