Weird issues...any thoughts or help?

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Guys, overall I'm pretty happy with the Pixel XL, it's generally very fast and the battery life is outstanding. I also like the raw android vs the skins that other mfgs put on the phones. However, I've had a few issues in my two months of ownership.

There are times when the phone can't make up its mind as to whether or not it's going to connect via WiFi or LTE, this seems to be for phone calls. I have had several instances when connected to WiFi that I can't make or receive calls. Disabling the WiFi promptly solves the problem.

I also have had random times (3 times now) when the phone has frozen and then restarted all on it's own. Additionally, it goes through periods where it'll simply not respond to touch for a period of 3 to 5 seconds and then it'll be fine.

The last issue happened today, I was on a call and I went to switch calls, when I made the switch it hung up the first call, the second call kept ringing and the phone quit responding for a period of about 60 seconds. First time that's happened.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Who is your carrier?

As to freezing/rebooting/etc., the usual cause of such is a bad app, which, admittedly, can be difficult to track down.

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Verizon

Two of the three reboots happened when Spotify was on the fritz and dropping the bluetooth connection constantly. Now that you mention it, I don't think I'v ehad a reboot since the update for Spotify came out...(knocks on wood)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes