Installed update last Friday, now issues making calls "Server unreachable"

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I installed an update last week on Friday afternoon. Since that time every day at some point I get an error when trying to make a phone call "server unreachable". WiFi calling is not enabled and I've never used WiFi calling. This happens when trying to make a regular voice call. Additionally, incoming calls either go straight to voicemail or ring once or twice and when I try to answer it routes to voicemail. When going to voicemail I get no notification of the voicemail until after a reboot. It's not a service issue or coverage issue, my wife's regular Pixel works just literally sitting right next to mine. It's definitely impacted my Pixel XL.

Google Tech support told me to shut down, remove and reinstall sim-card and forget my WiFi network and re-add. We'll see if this helps but I'm very skeptical. The worst part is I use this device for work and after I couldn't make calls this morning, I restarted my phone, it then worked but I had a host of voicemails waiting for me that before I didn't know where there.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Stoopstroop

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here. I hear turning of HD calling helps. I have not tried it as the whole thing just twerks me off as this is a business phone. I have had to use another phone until can get a positive fix.

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
so far forgetting my WiFi network, shutting down, removing sim card, putting it back in, booting up and reconnecting to my wifi network, the problem has stayed gone for 3 or 4 days...knock on wood

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance