Open Google Photos directly in Camera folder

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know how I can open the Google Photos and have it directly show me the pictures in my camera folder instead of everything I have on Google Photos cloud?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's no way to show this by default upon opening the Google Photos app. You always have to swipe in from the left and tap Device Folders.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Send Google some feedback through the Google Photos menu. It probably won't lead to a change, but it wouldn't hurt to try!:)

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how I can open the Google Photos and have it directly show me the pictures in my camera folder instead of everything I have on Google Photos cloud?

Not sure what you are trying to do, but if you open the camera app and then tap the circle at bottom right, you are now in the photos app with the most recent camera shot displayed and swipe left to view other camera pics in descending date order.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you are trying to do, but if you open the camera app and then tap the circle at bottom right, you are now in the photos app with the most recent camera shot displayed and swipe left to view other camera pics in descending date order.
He/she wants to only see on-device pictures by default, not ones synced from other devices to Photos.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Oh yeah, I forgot about that -- good idea! But it does require you to open the Camera app first. Also, in order to get to your camera roll, you have to first tap that recent camera shot, then tap All Photos at the upper right. It just seems like it'd be easier to have an option in the Photos app to have it open by default to the Camera Roll whenever you tap the shortcut.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah, I forgot about that -- good idea! But it does require you to open the Camera app first. Also, in order to get to your camera roll, you have to first tap that recent camera shot, then tap All Photos at the upper right. It just seems like it'd be easier to have an option in the Photos app to have it open by default to the Camera Roll whenever you tap the shortcut.
Well, I am not a huge fan, but QuickPic Gallery is a very popular replacement for the Photos app.

Maybe you should give it a try.