strange camera issue when taking pic from messages app

hays0023

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that when trying to take a picture to send via SMS (using stock messages app) that the flash will not go off. The only way I can get it to take a picture with flash is using the camera app.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, is there a work around? It is kind of annoying to have to switch the app, take the picture, go back to messages and then send.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that when trying to take a picture to send via SMS (using stock messages app) that the flash will not go off. The only way I can get it to take a picture with flash is using the camera app.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, is there a work around? It is kind of annoying to have to switch the app, take the picture, go back to messages and then send.

I have noticed this before. I think the messages app doesn't support flash. In fact, it takes much worse photos than the camera app. Now, I just use the camera app.

hays0023

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree - the quality of the pictures taken in the messenger app are just awful...reminds me of my old 2 megapixel camera that I used to have.

Hopefully this will be fixed in an update!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There are a couple of different stock "messages" apps - which one are you using?

If you are referring to Messenger, perhaps try Hangouts instead. I have not had the problem you speak of when using Hangouts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463