Back to S7

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Total agreed, can't agree with you any more. And let me tell you Nougat on the s7 edge is quite impressive. It's game changing!

I'm trying to hold out for Verizon to release Nougat for the S7E but I'm not sure I can wait. I want to let 1 of these phones go but I don't want to sell the S7E before I try it on Nougat.

Nougat sounds promising on the S7E.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to hold out for Verizon to release Nougat for the S7E but I'm not sure I can wait. I want to let 1 of these phones go but I don't want to sell the S7E before I try it on Nougat.

Nougat sounds promising on the S7E.
That's a great idea. I don't think you should get rid of the s7 edge until you try nougat out. I'm now content....For now lol

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I originally desired a pixel...I really did. But the lack of OIS turned me away. Truly.

It doesn't need OIS. I create a lot of content with my phone camera. Trust me. Well not even me, trust every review out there, it doesn't need OIS. It's the best camera on the phone period. Tough to take a bad shot with it.

The camera is the only thing which has got me hooked to Pixel. It's that amazing.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
There are threads about the pixel suffering with video in low light. And no one is going to be able to convince me that EIS is better than OIS for video.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
There are threads about the pixel suffering with video in low light. And no one is going to be able to convince me that EIS is better than OIS for video.

Low light video, yes alright. I'll give you that. But day light video, night time shots, day light shots are better than every other phone out there. No one is going to be able to convince me otherwise because I've tested all phones out myself pretty pretty extensively.

I have yet to take a blurry action shot from this phone. Even in low light. Video in low light needs to be improved for sure!

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm not disputing it's got a great camera but imagine how much faster it would be with OIS in low light. Might even tempt me to raid the piggyback if it had. I take a lot of photos. Anyone time I've normally got at least 3 cameras on me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for sharing your experience, OP! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and those opinions are valid, so please don't feel like others will not care for yours. It's valid and important!

I'm glad you switched back to a phone that meets your needs! The Samsung line is a great one! Also, I do like the Edge, so I feel like I would've done the same thing had I been in your position.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm not disputing it's got a great camera but imagine how much faster it would be with OIS in low light. Might even tempt me to raid the piggyback if it had. I take a lot of photos. Anyone time I've normally got at least 3 cameras on me.

Yes yes of course it could've been a lot better i agree. Especially for low light.

But I was just saying that I still consider it to be the best even without OIS. Maybe that's just me. But the proof is in the pudding really.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Total agreed, can't agree with you any more. And let me tell you Nougat on the s7 edge is quite impressive. It's game changing!
It will be a while for VZ to get their acts together, but I'm more than happy with the complete package S7 Edge provides. I'll sit and wait :)

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It will be a while for VZ to get their acts together, but I'm more than happy with the complete package S7 Edge provides. I'll sit and wait :)
Even with nougat on my s7 I keep playing around with my pixel side by side. I think I need to seek help from a professional lol. Idk what it is about the pixel but I always want to crawl back to it

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Even with nougat on my s7 I keep playing around with my pixel side by side. I think I need to seek help from a professional lol. Idk what it is about the pixel but I always want to crawl back to it

I hear ya... I almost put my Sim back into the Pixel tonight. And it may still happen. The nights not over yet. It is definitely more fluid than my S7E....

By the way, if you find a professional to help, send me the name and number. I may need a session or two also.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I hear ya... I almost put my Sim back into the Pixel tonight. And it may still happen. The nights not over yet. It is definitely more fluid than my S7E....

By the way, if you find a professional to help, send me the name and number. I may need a session or two also.

Poverty is a blessing :p

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Did you get rid of the s7 edge?

I bought the Pixel (slightly used) by selling the S7 Edge which I got brand new. I can only afford one at a time.

I've had plenty of weak moments in which I almost sold the Pixel but I couldn't. To me there aren't too many differences between the two in practical daily life. I remember I used to be anti-status quo when it came to phones till the time i sat on the Samsung train. Everybody here has an iPhone or a Samsung.

The G on the back attracted me to it. Plus the camera and the performance of course. But I thought why not be unique and go with something which goes well with my personality. I love mobile tech and a mobile phone is an extension of one self. You carry it everywhere you go. It's with you more than anything else. It's a part of you.

Rizwan comes with a Google Pixel.

I like the sound of that :D

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Pixel (slightly used) by selling the S7 Edge which I got brand new. I can only afford one at a time.

I've had plenty of weak moments in which I almost sold the Pixel but I couldn't. To me there aren't too many differences between the two in practical daily life. I remember I used to be anti-status quo when it came to phones till the time i sat on the Samsung train. Everybody here has an iPhone or a Samsung.

The G on the back attracted me to it. Plus the camera and the performance of course. But I thought why not be unique and go with something which goes well with my personality. I love mobile tech and a mobile phone is an extension of one self. You carry it everywhere you go. It's with you more than anything else. It's a part of you.

Rizwan comes with a Google Pixel.

I like the sound of that :D
Yeah that's why I keep coming back on the pixel bandwagon, because you don't see anyone with it in my area! I feel like I'm different. Everyone has an iPhone or Samsung and if someone sees my phone they go u have an iPhone and I get all snarky and say NOPE! It's a pixel! Beat that!!!

Do you have the regular size or XL? I love the regular size, compared to my s7 edge​ but I do love the screen quality on the edge. Don't get me wrong...The pixel screen is very impressive especially for my being quad HD like the edge. The pixel XL was just too large and bulky for me. That's where the s7 edge triumphs with its form factor.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Yeah that's why I keep coming back on the pixel bandwagon, because you don't see anyone with it in my area! I feel like I'm different. Everyone has an iPhone or Samsung and if someone sees my phone they go u have an iPhone and I get all snarky and say NOPE! It's a pixel! Beat that!!!

Do you have the regular size or XL? I love the regular size, compared to my s7 edge​ but I do love the screen quality on the edge. Don't get me wrong...The pixel screen is very impressive especially for my being quad HD like the edge. The pixel XL was just too large and bulky for me. That's where the s7 edge triumphs with its form factor.

Hahaha I feel exactly the same way. Where do you live? :D

I could only find one used pixel in my city. It was the regular one. If it was upto me I would've gotten the XL. Maybe I'll get it someday. I like big phones in general. I had $600 in total after selling the S7 edge so I had to go with what I could afford. I got a black Pixel with a minor scratch on top right corner for $580.

But I love the Pixel as well. The size and handling. It has its own advantages. I didn't feel the change in screen quality though. S7 edge got a lot brighter in sunlight. But the resolution and other qualities, no no. Instead, I like the white point on the Pixel much better.

Plus I think the edge screen made the screen on S7 edge feel smaller for viewing content. I switched to the Edge from an iPhone 6S plus. The screen real estate on the iPhone felt more than the Edge even though they have the same 5.5 inch display. When i switched to the Pixel from the Edge I didn't feel a change at all. The form factor however does feel smaller.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
After a day of my sim being back in the 7 Plus I had to pop it back in the XL this morning. This phone is just too dang good even if a bit boring at times. If I could get the dual lens of the 7 Plus and the video recording and form factor of the S7e in the Pixel I might just have the perfect device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa