Bluetooth reconnect

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

What's the standard inn reconnecting to BT devices when back in close proximity? I see often I have to manually re-connect to BT devices, thought they are supposed to automatically reconnect when In close distance?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
They should reconnect automatically if they are powered on, but I suspect it depends on the specific device.

So, what devices are we talking about here and are they always powered on?

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
My Jawbone Bluetooth headset reconnects automatically as soon as I power it on, when it's within range of course.

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Mine are soundbricks, they are always powered on, I have to manually reconnect when I move from room to room..

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine are soundbricks, they are always powered on, I have to manually reconnect when I move from room to room..

What do you need to do to reconnect?

I checked out the UrgeBasics website Urge Basics SoundBrick Plus NFC Ultra Portable Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Speakers with Built-In Microphone; Compatible with iPhone, Samsung, Smartphones, iPad, Surface Tablets and Mp3 Players - URGE Basics and could not find any manuals for the SoundBrick; since they run off a Li-Ion battery, it would not surprise me to learn that they disable Bluetooth after a period of disconnect time.

The best other examples I can give are 1) like Lilybell2, my Bluetooth earbuds auto connect immediately when I power them on and 2) within moments of hitting the "Start" button in my car, my Pixel XL establishes a Bluetooth connection without any action on my part.

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I go manually to bluetooth devices menu and double click soundbrick everytime.. The previous iPhone seems to auto connect everytime I enter bathroom so didn't have to reconnect manually.

Also any idea to switch audio from BT devices to phone? I always have to open BT switch off to get audio back on phone.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I go manually to bluetooth devices menu and double click soundbrick everytime.. The previous iPhone seems to auto connect everytime I enter bathroom so didn't have to reconnect manually.

Also any idea to switch audio from BT devices to phone? I always have to open BT switch off to get audio back on phone.

1) It's entirely possible that for Bluetooth connection to happen something (phone or device) has to change state. As noted, my Bluetooth earbuds automatically connect when I turn them on, and my phone automatically connects to my car audio system when I start the car. So maybe the only other option you have is to power-cycle the Soundbricks in order to force auto-connect. But that is just a thought...

2) Go to Settings -> Bluetooth -> tap the gear icon alongside the device in question -> Check/Uncheck "Phone audio" and "Contact sharing" as desired.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Right. So, if you follow the steps above and uncheck "Phone Audio" then phone calls will never be directed to that particular Bluetooth device.

Oh, wait.

Do you mean all audio back to the phone's speaker? Well, to do that, you pretty much need to disconnect from whatever Bluetooth device currently has the audio stream. Easiest way, just pull down the notification shade and tap the Bluetooth icon to disable Bluetooth entirely; tap it back on when you need it again.

Go42

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
It would be nice if you could set a priority such as earpiece is my phone call priority and my Toyota Tundra stereo is the priority for playing music. My note 7 had a priority type selection for BT devices. My pixel xl absolutely does not know the difference between my earpiece and truck. My iPhone did. My note 7 did.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice if you could set a priority such as earpiece is my phone call priority and my Toyota Tundra stereo is the priority for playing music. My note 7 had a priority type selection for BT devices. My pixel xl absolutely does not know the difference between my earpiece and truck. My iPhone did. My note 7 did.

As I said above, Go to Settings -> Bluetooth -> tap the gear icon alongside the device in question -> Check/Uncheck "Phone audio" and "Contact sharing" as desired.

Set your earpiece for "Phone Audio" checked and your Toyota with "Phone Audio" unchecked.

It is as simple as that. Now, if your earpiece is powered on, phone calls will go to it; if it is powered off, phone calls will go to the phone itself.

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Yah like iPhone hoping easier way to switch audio output source without having to disconnect and reenable and reconnect

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yah like iPhone hoping easier way to switch audio output source without having to disconnect and reenable and reconnect

Is this what you are looking for? Tap on "Sound" and then select from the dropdown; Bluetooth refers to the currently active Bluetooth device.

Screenshot_20170106-130024.jpg Screenshot_20170106-130028.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63