Charging isn't fast or am I jaded?

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I was using the one plus 3 before the pixel and I was getting charge from 10% to full in about and hour or less. My pixel is hour and half for the same is it really that much slower I know pixel battery is little bigger. If it is why aren't companies jumping on the dash charge tech?

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I was using the one plus 3 before the pixel and I was getting charge from 10% to full in about and hour or less. My pixel is hour and half for the same is it really that much slower I know pixel battery is little bigger. If it is why aren't companies jumping on the dash charge tech?
Your jaded. The phone will charge just let it. It's pointless to dissect each phone's variant of charging or its name.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

"Dash Charge" is proprietary to OnePlus. This not an open standard..

Pixel can do 15W (5V/3A) fast charging via USB Power Delivery. XL can go up to 18W (9V/2A). This is an open standard.

If anything, Qualcomm's proprietary Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 is probably the most supported fast charging method, though it's proprietary.

Last edited:

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The faster they charge, the more nervious I get. My 2 n7's charged faster then any other phone I have owned, and look at how that ended up. I still don't see the need in almost all situations.

I have the pixel xl and have yet to run out of power. I have had a few instances when I forgot to plug the phone in and still had enou get power by the end of the second day ( with a conservative battery approach). I still don't own a car charger that's usb-c. I can use the adapter I got with the n7 but haven't yet. I have even used my phone as a GPS for 3 hours , with the screen on and running an audio book and still had 46% when I arrived.

If my phone had a small battery and I was a power user I may worry about how fast I can charge it. I know your not suppose to leave it plugged in but I don't keep phones more then a year so I plug it up every night and leave with 100%.

With my phone on, I get less then a minute a percent. Full charge in about and hour and 25 minutes or so. That's good for me. It charges faster when first plugged in and slower the closer to 100%. That me be real or inflated for effect.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

the last 20% of battery % is what takes the longest during their charge time. Xl has larger battery and i am sure its mostly because of that.
pixel might charge a bit slower but not by a lot