7.1.2 Beta sign up page.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know how to restore back to 7.1.1? I unenrolled my device from the beta program and I was supposed to receive an update to reset back to.7.1.1 but never received. I know I will have to erase my entire device in order to do so. Do I need to reset without receiving the update?

Mind if I ask why? Too buggy?

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
DJM626, I'm scared to ask. Any improvement at all with the hollow bar?

Thus far, even though it has been less then 24 hours, I have not seen the hollow bar. My signal strength does not appear to be any better though. In fact, since the beta it seems more unstable and is more erratic to me with a lot more fluctuating. I have mine set up exactly in the way that you suggested too. My phone does seem a little snappier as it used to stutter on occasion before and I am not seeing any of that

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know how to restore back to 7.1.1? I unenrolled my device from the beta program and I was supposed to receive an update to reset back to.7.1.1 but never received. I know I will have to erase my entire device in order to do so. Do I need to reset without receiving the update?

Unenrolled my device too - waiting for d/l - anxious to see how long it takes and how it works. Unenrolled for no other reason than to see how the process works.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Unenrolled my device too - waiting for d/l - anxious to see how long it takes and how it works. Unenrolled for no other reason than to see how the process works.

It should just download and install. It will do a factory wipe on the device though so it will be like a new phone till you set it up again.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
It should just download and install. It will do a factory wipe on the device though so it will be like a new phone till you set it up again.

I did a factory reset to see if the update would show up after restoring, but no such luck.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Thus far, even though it has been less then 24 hours, I have not seen the hollow bar. My signal strength does not appear to be any better though. In fact, since the beta it seems more unstable and is more erratic to me with a lot more fluctuating. I have mine set up exactly in the way that you suggested too. My phone does seem a little snappier as it used to stutter on occasion before and I am not seeing any of that
Still free of hollow bar? I noticed the signal bar goes to zero more with the beta, and bounces around. But the cell info app shows more DB than I had previously and it's fairly stable. The signal meter always showed less signal than it should have. At least to me anyway. But, it's worse now.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
The only time I have seen the hollow bar in the past few days is when I am traveling to and from work, and it only happens when I am right by electrical towers. As soon as I am past them, it goes back. Not by much but it moves ever so slightly. I have not seen them in my house yet for the past few days. Prior to this I used to see them in various rooms. Been going into those rooms where I had the hollow bar and not able to currently produce the bars.

Over all though, I am still seeing -114dBm to -110dBm practically everywhere. I can start off with -114, move the phone to my other hand and it jumps to -110 and -108 the lowest. Way too much fluctuation with very little movement as far as I am concerned. Very unstable no matter how I look at it. Tested a few phone calls tonight without Wi-Fi and Airplane mode. Dropped both of them after several minutes. Enabled Wi-Fi and Airplane mode and no issues of course. As far as I am concerned it's going to take a little more then just a few points of dBm to make a significant difference. The real test is the calls, which unfortunately I am not able to make unless I am on Wi-Fi with airplane mode toggled on. My signal bar does move around quite often without any kind of favorable results. Moves too much to the left and not enough to the right for my taste.

When I can make a normal phone call unassisted in any way from my office which I could with any other phone I have ever used, then I will see things as getting accomplished. Until that day, it's still a failure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton