04-17-2017 05:51 PM
164 ... 4567
tools
    Yeah we won't till the next update to the beta.
    Yeah... That does blow.... Also disappointing that the beta doesn't include the few fixes that also pushed with the Feb patch....

Wonder why it's a beta if those simple patches weren't included...
    02-15-2017 04:54 PM
    One would think if it was beta we would get some features to test that are not available yet. But it's the other way around as we are the last to get them lol
    02-15-2017 05:18 PM
    LOL!!! I read a few places the security update finally had the radio problems fixed. But, no one responded that installed it whether they had radio problems before or after the update. Guess we'll find out when you get the next beta. You could quit the beta and install it, DJM626. But it will cause a factory reset.
    02-15-2017 06:05 PM
    Actually I'm going to stay on the beta for now will just have to patiently wait it out
    02-15-2017 07:27 PM
    LOL!!! I read a few places the security update finally had the radio problems fixed. But, no one responded that installed it whether they had radio problems before or after the update. Guess we'll find out when you get the next beta. You could quit the beta and install it, DJM626. But it will cause a factory reset.
    Well I believe it's confirmed.. I'll be swapping Friday so .. we shall see
    02-15-2017 07:57 PM
    Well I believe it's confirmed.. I'll be swapping Friday so .. we shall see
    Post your results.
    02-15-2017 09:57 PM
    Post your results.
    Will do.
    02-15-2017 10:21 PM
    What radio problems? I'm on the 7.1.2 and didn't have radio problems before or after the beta. Also, I'm sorry to ask a dumb question, but what is this issue with the hollow bar? What exactly is a hollow bar? Can someone explain?
    hannsoft likes this.
    02-16-2017 11:47 AM
    Here's a question for us on BETA...

I recently started having an issue that occurs during a phone call...

When I make a call or receive a call, I answer... All is good.... Then after a minute or two, the call drops to speaker phone for some reason.... when I look at the screen, the speakerphone icon is not activated... Now, if I select speakerphone icon during that call, it highlights and the call stays on speakerphone... but if then turn off the speakerphone icon, the phone switches back to the headset speaker as normal and I'm good for the remainder of the call.

This also happens when I am connected to my bluetooth car speaker... Example... I am listening to music or podcast in the car through bluetooth... a call comes in and I answer... all is good.... Then, the call will divert to speakerphone.... after the call is complete, the music or podcast resumes through bluetooth as normal...

Anyone else have this issue?
    03-07-2017 04:57 PM

When I make a call or receive a call, I answer... All is good.... Then after a minute or two, the call drops to speaker phone for some reason.... when I look at the screen, the speakerphone icon is not activated... Now, if I select speakerphone icon during that call, it highlights and the call stays on speakerphone... but if then turn off the speakerphone icon, the phone switches back to the headset speaker as normal and I'm good for the remainder of the call.

This also happens when I am connected to my bluetooth car speaker... Example... I am listening to music or podcast in the car through bluetooth... a call comes in and I answer... all is good.... Then, the call will divert to speakerphone.... after the call is complete, the music or podcast resumes through bluetooth as normal...

this would be very embarrassing if you are talking some private stuff..^^' luckily I didn't encounter this situation yet.
    03-07-2017 08:33 PM
    I am curious if anyone has got the February security patch while on beta? I have yet to get it.
    03-10-2017 07:33 PM
    I am curious if anyone has got the February security patch while on beta? I have yet to get it.
    Nope not out yet
    03-10-2017 11:37 PM
    Security patch updates don't happen on beta. The live is on March.

The only time it updates is when they update the beta itself.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    03-11-2017 12:11 AM
    I just got my Pixel XL on wednesday and was debating on enrolling in the beta program as I was on it for my S7 Edge with the nougat update. But with how quick this phone is going to get stable updates I think I am going to bypass the beta stage this time around and stick with a stable release of android. This is my first pure android device, how long is it usually for a software version to go from beta to final?
    03-11-2017 08:26 AM
    I dropped the beta and went to the March 7.1.1. Didn't gain anything by being on the beta, except a couple of annoying bugs. So no point in my book.
    03-11-2017 08:32 AM
    I dropped the beta and went to the March 7.1.1. Didn't gain anything by being on the beta, except a couple of annoying bugs. So no point in my book.
    That's kind of what I was thinking would end up happening with the beta. It's not like we are going from 7.1.1 to 8.0 it just an incremental update so no major feature changes, that I am aware of at least, that would make it worth dealing with a buggy system.
    03-11-2017 08:39 AM

I believe that this has been mentioned before and yes happens to me as well. Unfortunately when I got my replacement device (dropped my original) I signed up for the beta forgetting about this issue. So will wait it out vs resetting my device.
    03-12-2017 07:25 AM
    Yeah, I'm probably not going to do any more betas...this was the first time I did an Android beta and I honestly was expecting there to be beta updates. Not a whole lot of point when you only get one beta, any issues someone might run across could have been fixed a month ago.
    03-13-2017 10:15 AM
    Yeah, I'm probably not going to do any more betas...this was the first time I did an Android beta and I honestly was expecting there to be beta updates. Not a whole lot of point when you only get one beta, any issues someone might run across could have been fixed a month ago.
    Think I'll go back to 7.1.1 as well. It seems that a few things got fixed in the security updates for Feb that haven't been addressed in the beta, mainly the speaker static issue.
    03-14-2017 10:52 AM
    So I have a question. If I sign up for the Beta and want to get to the stable version again do I have to do a factory reset and set my phone up all over again?
    03-15-2017 06:43 PM
    So I have a question. If I sign up for the Beta and want to get to the stable version again do I have to do a factory reset and set my phone up all over again?
    Yep
    03-15-2017 07:24 PM
    Yep. It'll wipe it.
    03-15-2017 08:40 PM
    There is an update to the beta now. It should have both the Feb. and March security updates. I'm downloading and installing now.
    03-20-2017 03:50 PM
    Currently downloading BETA update - 7.1.2 (NPG47I) - This appears to be an update to the previous beta which was 7.1.2 (NPG05E) - File size weights in at 328.9mb on my Google Play model on the Verizon Network.

Not much in the notes... So, who knows what lies under the hood!
    03-20-2017 03:56 PM
    There is an update to the beta now. It should have both the Feb. and March security updates. I'm downloading and installing now.
    So mine is now installed. I have a Google Play Pixel on the Verizon Network. The install was 323.8mb. It does have the March security update.
    03-20-2017 04:31 PM
164 ... 4567