USB Type C to C didn't work until reboot

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Last night I went to charge my Pixel XL from an Anker portable battery using its Type C USB port with a C to C cable. It did not indicate that it was charging. I had a type A to C cable and when I plugged it into the Type A port on the charger it worked.

I figured that the either the Type C port on the charger or the cable was bad.

When I got home I discovered that no combination of several Type C chargers (Google original) and cables would work - only Type A to C.

I was about to initiate a replacement for the phone, when I did a shutdown and restart and.... all is working as it should again.

Any thoughts or ideas? Maybe a software issue?

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Defiantly an oddball combination going from C > C Most devices have or require the A > C or C > A. if I'm not mistaken, this has something to do with the transference of data or power to your device and apparently Pixel hasn't included this C > C combination to work with their device. This one reason most manufactures state within the owners manual to use only factory supported accessories..

Update: Not sure if this matter, but the Google Pixel is listed as a 2,770 mAh battery and the USB C > USB C is listed 60W/3A But as reference, check the decal located somewhere on the device for the actual watt/amp ready etc.. just to confirm.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Also own 3 Anker 5 port chargers. I have Apple USBC 'Book and two phones w USBC, blackberry DTEK60 and new Huawei Mate 9

Never gotten that Anker USBC port to work with any cable on any phone.

Even have Apple USBC to USBC cable that I would trust.

Huawei has an adapter USB 2 that supports fast and super charge modes, and that only did fast)super with their cable.

Amazon is suppose to be testing and weeding out charges and cables that wirk, meet standards, after it was found most, 80%+ will not. Especially knockoff OEM stuff.

This isn't first time I've had an issue with anker, one charger had one port that was dead.

I'd say you're lucky.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The thing is, it wasn't working with the OEM Google chargers which use a type c connector either. And it's working on them now, and the Anker, after I rebooted.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Just so everyone realizes, that 90% of Anker products are geared toward the "I" devices.. So there could be a power transference rate issue as compared to a standard USB C as offered bu Google pixel. In other words, if I was needing a extra USB C cable I would make sure it is compatible with my device. There's no mention of Anker's UBS C to USB C being compatible with anything Pixel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7