Trusted places turning off

njgill05

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have the problem of the "trusted places" feature for the smart lock turning itself off? I have my home enabled as a smart lock trusted location and it's always a crapshoot if it's going to work or not. It gets really annoying as the Trusted Voice feature doesn't work for me either so this whole "Ok Google" assistant basically never works. I just get frustrated and type my question into the search bar.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Mine doesn't turn off, but it doesn't work sometimes. Usually a restart fixes it. I did go into the settings and turn off the particular location then turn it back on, and it worked again after that, or delete a location and re-add it.

It is a great feature, but annoying when it doesn't work like it should. The trusted devices always seems to work for me. I have it setup to stay unlocked when I am in my car or truck.

mrcil20

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Mine does that from time to time. A reboot fixes it. Had the same problem with my note 4 for past years.
But today, I noticed my phone is not secured when leaving home. Work is not in my secure places but my phone never ask me to enter my pin or imprint... I'm a bit more worried with this happening.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I hope I have better luck with Trusted Places with the Pixel. It doesn't work at all with my Nexus 5. I use Tasker to keep it unlocked at home and work. Although with the fingerprint scanner I'm sure it'll be less annoying than the pin lock.

mbarney35

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I am having this problem lately as well, not so much the turning off but just not working. As others have said, a reboot seems to fix it. The weird thing is that when I pull up maps or check the perimeter that they use for setting I am well within the circle.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I am having this problem lately as well, not so much the turning off but just not working. As others have said, a reboot seems to fix it. The weird thing is that when I pull up maps or check the perimeter that they use for setting I am well within the circle.
This is not working properly and it is kind of scary because I was half a mile away from one of my trusted places (work) and my phone is unlocking without my fingerprint.

ra535i

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have the problem of the "trusted places" feature for the smart lock turning itself off? I have my home enabled as a smart lock trusted location and it's always a crapshoot if it's going to work or not. It gets really annoying as the Trusted Voice feature doesn't work for me either so this whole "Ok Google" assistant basically never works. I just get frustrated and type my question into the search bar.

Do you have any exchange accounts setup? Depending on how they provisioned their email server it will disable trusted devices. I get around this by using Newton for my corporate emails.