Keyboard issue in Outlook App on Pixel

preeble

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
I've been using the Outlook app for my various email accounts for the past few months and I really like it. However, I just noticed today that I am really struggling to type emails. There is extraordinary lag in the keyboard (I am using the default keyboard) and after every letter I type, the keyboard briefly goes to capital letters and then back down to lower case. During that time, the keyboard does not accept taps, making typing extraordinarily slow.

Additionally, I found that holding down the delete/backspace key only deletes one character.

None of this occurs in other apps, so it must be the way that Outlook interacts with the google keyboard app. This is extremely annoying and makes Outlook unusable for me.

Anyone else notice this?

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello, if the problem is an specific and exclusive one between Gboard( Google keyboard) and Outlook app maybe, and just maybe, you can try to use the Google Gmail stock app and add your Outlook or Hotmail email accounts. I don't use Outlook app at my Pixel XL 128GB but I bought third-party paid or Pro versions emails apps at the Google Play Store ; Aqua Mail, Maildroid, K-@ Mail, Bird Mail. Everytime I activate one of them at my Pixel XL this kind of little issues comes up. For example, I write a email and send it to the addressee and he never received it or received it twenty minutes or an hour late.
My theory, and this is only my opinion, is that the Pixel is not a user friendly phone. If you want to use a third-party app paid or free as an alternative to the Google stock app, lets say Gmail, Google Messenger, Gboard, Google Drive, Google Photos, Google Keep, etc. the little issues comes up.
Right now I'm kind of pissed off with my Pixel XL and just took out AT&T Nano Sim Card and put it back at my Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB, I known the S6 got a small battery live time vs. the Pixel XL. I know that sooner or later I will put back at my Pixel the AT&T Nano Sim Card but I'm not happy with a not so open Android Platform regarding the Pixels Phones. Years ago I owned a Google Nexus 5 phone and never had a problem regarding third-party apps.
Try out adding your Outlook or Hotmail accounts at the Gmail app, I hope this work out for you. Good luck.

bluefama

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
That's exactly what's happening on my phone as well. It's like a keyboard spasm, going back and forth between lower case and upper case. and it's not Gboard specific. I tried type it with different virtual keyboards other than Gboard, and same issue persisted. I think it is an Outlook issue. Keyboards are stable in all other apps. I did try using Gmail stock app. The keyboard is stable, but the problem is many, if not all, emails with attachments will stay in the outbox forever and will not be sent out. Email communication is critical in my job, and it is very very frustrating. Please help!

Last edited:

warlockvix

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Not just pixel, its happening on my lg v20 as well. Using the Outlook app and typing with gboard results in extremely slow typing (keyboard jumps from upper to lower case with each letter) and slow back spacing. Issue only occurs within Outlook app and only with gboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12