Google Cards Not Showing

J5ive05

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Whenever I "swipe left" to view my Google Cards the screen/page is mostly white/blank. All I see is the Google search bar. I used to be able to find and read through my cards on this screen. Is this happening for anyone else?

I've tried restarting my phone and my cards will come back, but then over time the screen reverts itself to just being mostly white with the google search bar.

Thanks!

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I've solved this by either force stopping the Google app from settings and then swiping to my feed again or by doing a Google search from the top of my blank feed and then hitting back. Seems like another bug with the Feb update.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem after the recent Chrome browser update. A restart brought the cards back and fortunately I haven't had the problem again.

cornycrunch

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that this fixes itself either by toggling the Feed off and on in the Google app, or by deleting all the Pixel Launcher data. The obvious downside of the latter approach is having to rebuild your home screen. But either way, it will seem to work fine for a few hours ago, then just revert back to this behavior.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that this fixes itself either by toggling the Feed off and on in the Google app, or by deleting all the Pixel Launcher data. The obvious downside of the latter approach is having to rebuild your home screen. But either way, it will seem to work fine for a few hours ago, then just revert back to this behavior.

Force stopping the google app worked for me, such a pita.

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I am having a similar issue. Just curious, for those that are having this issue are you affected by the Bluetooth disconnecting bug too? Because I am.

J5ive05

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I am. I guess both are related to the February Security update. Hopefully both will be addressed by the March update which I am assuming will be released on Monday, 3/6.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
just an FYI to everyone, we are experiencing the same behavior on our 6P's (sorry forgot to get the link but its one of the top threads). Originally clearing the google app cache helped but second time didnt, i had to reboot the phone to fix it.

peter nde63h

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
just an FYI to everyone, we are experiencing the same behavior on our 6P's (sorry forgot to get the link but its one of the top threads). Originally clearing the google app cache helped but second time didnt, i had to reboot the phone to fix it.
no need to reboot. just force stop the google app helps.

gwzach

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
I found that some apps stop the cards. An easy way to start them without restarting the phone is to open the weather widget, let it load, and the close it. This restarts the cards.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I would say it is not related to the Feb. update. I'm on the beta, ( I still show I'm on the Jan. update.) Mine started happening about 2 weeks ago. I also don't have the Bluetooth issues. It is my opinion that it is an app related issue, but don't know which one.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It used to happen for me for a few days but suddenly it started working again, may be update to play services or Google app or something else fixed for me. I haven't seen this happening now for atleast couple of weeks.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this tends to happen if I open a card , but then do not use the X in the blue bar at the top of the screen to close it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers