Would You Still Buy a Pixel?

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Ordered directly from Google site, and I am pretty much stuck on the black. Thought I wanted the blue, but it looks just a little too loud for my taste. Ship date is 4/1 so I still have time to change my mind yet again, lol.

That is true that you do have time to change your mind again. I am very happy that I went from the S7 Edge to the Pixel XL. As I've said before the pure android experience makes it so much better. I also use my camera a lot so the camera quality and free cloud storage is a nice plus.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
They differ due to the devs. The devs have to program it into their app.. not Google.

Almeuit are you only responding to one issue or all when it comes to the app issue. I believe I mentioned the messenger fiasco which is controlled by google and. Or just random devs. That's my biggest. Next are the bank apps and yes it isn't their issue however I never stated it was. I simply stated these things makes it hard to leave when you don't have the same functionality and we are not talking small banks it's the larger ones. I have complained to their sites as to why the difference in functionality.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Almeuit are you only responding to one issue or all when it comes to the app issue. I believe I mentioned the messenger fiasco which is controlled by google and. Or just random devs. That's my biggest. Next are the bank apps and yes it isn't their issue however I never stated it was. I simply stated these things makes it hard to leave when you don't have the same functionality and we are not talking small banks it's the larger ones. I have complained to their sites as to why the difference in functionality.
The apps - the message thing does need to be figured out... But the apps not using your fingerprint is fully on the devs of the app.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
The apps - the message thing does need to be figured out... But the apps not using your fingerprint is fully on the devs of the app.

I agree with the messages app. I wish they could have baked in support for SMS into Allo so you could use it for an all in one message app and have contacts who have Allo using the better messaging service and contacts who don't using regular SMS but all in one app.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. It will be garbage on the s8 too
It couldn't be that bad compared to my old LG G4.

2.5 hours of SOT over 12 hours. Once that screen turns on, that percentage will drop like a boulder.

My current Moto Z has a smaller battery, but it consistently lasts longer, netting me 4-4.5 hours of SOT over 16 hours.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
As of today, there still isn't a better phone available. This question might make more sense at the end of the summer.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Why so many? Also which do you like better the Blue or the Silver?

Counting my wife's + one bought on ebay which is being replaced by Google.
XL bought directly from Google, which is mine.
one is for backup.
Utilizing Project Fi gives limited options.
My Nexus 6 is getting a bit long in the tooth.
Still runs fast. battery life can't compare to the Pixel XL or plain Pixel.
Love the Blue. Have a clear case coming.
max 32Gb isn't an issue with me.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Saw a render of a Pixel XL 2 type with 2 front facing speakers. Looked gorgeous. I would wait. This will be the first phone that Rick Osterloh will have control over from soup to nuts. I think it will be a world beater, although not cheap.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Saw a render of a Pixel XL 2 type with 2 front facing speakers. Looked gorgeous. I would wait. This will be the first phone that Rick Osterloh will have control over from soup to nuts. I think it will be a world beater, although not cheap.

Might buy one of them also.
Was a fan of Motorola...when it was Motorola. Innovation with solid hardware.
Tough combination to beat..or achieve.

DivineTech

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
I just got the very blue Pixel XL, gave my wife the 5" Pixel. Seriously good phone. I don't see upgrading​ for awhile anymore. The XL is sooooooo worth it.

pixiedroid

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
If you want a phone that do not have OEM or carrier bloats (that is not iPhone), and your phone is dying. I'd say yes. But if you can wait until Pixel 2, you can wait

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Well it's ultimately up to you, but if my Pixel XL broke today, I'd pick up another one tomorrow. Simple as that.

However I'd just wait it out. You already have an S7 which is an excellent phone, so wait and see what the Galaxy S8 offers and if that doesn't impress, then wait for the Pixel 2 later this year.

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I had a Samsung Galaxy S7 and have just bought a Pixel. I was hankering after pure Android and timely updates - and that camera. I don't regret it - the Pixel is an amazing phone. If the Pixel 2 is worthy of an upgrade I'll sell my Pixel and buy it. That's the advantage of buying phones outright.

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
To bring everyone up to date, I did go ahead and get the Pixel XL and received it last Tuesday. I'm going to use the pixel for two weeks before giving my judgement between it and the S7. First week so far has been good, but there are a few things I've noticed that I miss with the S7.

Look for my opinion next week. 👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49