Verizon Pixel - losing data connection - restart is the only thing that "fixes" it

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just in the past few days my VZW Pixel has been losing data connection (3G/4G nothing). I still show a good signal strength and Wifi works fine. Airplane mode cycling doesn't work, but a restart does. Just wondering if this is just me or if anyone else has encountered this issue recently.

7.1.1 March 5th security patch Pixel 128GB

*I have already searched and I do see that this was/is a problem for other users who noticed the issue - sometimes it was corrected by an update - some exchanged their phones. I'm wondering if I need to be concerned or not is all and if there's a known solution: https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-xl/help/cellular-data-loss-radio-reboot-t3495687

Last edited:

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
That is known as hollow bar. the radio resets itself. It happens to certain nougat phones in certain areas. Verizon seems to be the worst carrier for it. There are threads here about it.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay I will search for that, thanks! As long as it's not a hardware issue I can breath a bit easier.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That is known as hollow bar. the radio resets itself. It happens to certain nougat phones in certain areas. Verizon seems to be the worst carrier for it. There are threads here about it.

I may be snagging a G6 soon here (I can get it for near free.. ~$50 or so).. If I do I will see if it does anything funky.