Google Assistant can now read text messages to you

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Google Assistant can now read text messages to you

Sorry if this old news but sure glad my Pixel now has it.

Steerpike58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Just ask the Google Assistant to read your latest message, or a similar request. 9 to 5 Google has an article on it.

https://9to5google.com/2017/03/07/google-assistant-text-sms-messages-feature/

I love this feature but for me, I have to return to the home screen to give it that voice command. And once I've done that, I can't return to the app I was previously using (waze, typically) by voice. What I need is a way to be using Waze, ask google to read my last text message, and then return to waze without me having to (illegally) touch the phone. Are there 'meta' commands in google to launch (relaunch) apps?

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Does it allow you to accept or decline reading on an individual message for privacy concerns?
The Google Assistant will ask you if you want her to read the text to you. If you want the Assistant to read the message, say yes. If you don't want the Assistant to read the message to you, just say no and she'll reply, "OK, thanks."

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I love this feature but for me, I have to return to the home screen to give it that voice command. And once I've done that, I can't return to the app I was previously using (waze, typically) by voice. What I need is a way to be using Waze, ask google to read my last text message, and then return to waze without me having to (illegally) touch the phone. Are there 'meta' commands in google to launch (relaunch) apps?

If you have your preferences set to do so, you should be able to invoke the Google Assistant from any screen. Once finished with your messages, simply ask the Google Assistant to "Open Waze."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer