Android O for the Pixel and Pixel XL.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Since some of the articles published on Android O stated that it was going to be even more battery friendly etc, I figured this would probably be one of the first things to go

peter nde63h

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Didn't know that . Thanks for clarification
it is funny to try something new. I suggest you flashing the android o into your plxel..^^

one weird thing happened. I joined the beta program. my pixel is running android o. it still receives the 7.1.2 beta 2 system update. it is downloading now. I am going to see what would happen then.

peter nde63h

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
you would still be notified to get the 7.1.2 beta 2 "update" if you subscribed the beta program even if your pixel is running android o. installing that "update" took forever and I stopped it after I had waited for 1 hour. it was not normal. I flashed the android o again to make my phone back in operational.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
It could be that the aurora live wallpaper isn't there because it is a developer preview and not even a public beta yet. They could be reworking the aurora live to improve it in some way and haven't gotten that into the developer preview for some reason or another.

The way I understand it is the developer preview is not meant to be anywhere near a full functioning version of the OS. It is just meant for developers to be able to start developing for it.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
The way I understand it is the developer preview is not meant to be anywhere near a full functioning version of the OS. It is just meant for developers to be able to start developing for it.

Exactly! It's not even a beta version, and it's really not intended to be used on any phone that's being used as a daily driver.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Exactly! It's not even a beta version, and it's really not intended to be used on any phone that's being used as a daily driver.

Yep.... The target audience for these preview releases is to get phones in the hands of developers so they can start working with the new APIs. Stability and optimization are not a priority since these tend to come in towards the end of the development cycle.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
And most users aren't even on Nougat, yet.

It's just a Dev preview and not really meant for consumers to use as their daily OS. A lot of 'stuff' has been taken out. I think its more for bragging rights than anything else to have it running on your device at this point haha :)

The official launch is only in August - September i think. So I'm sure by that stage Nougat should be pushing 15 - 20% adoption rate. Maybe even more? But for the mean time, jet waiting for Nougat to hit my device. Split screen is calling. :D

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

"I don't care, I'm still gonna put it on my phone and then complain about how awful O is and how it screwed up my phone" -Most people downloading the dev preview

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
"I don't care, I'm still gonna put it on my phone and then complain about how awful O is and how it screwed up my phone" -Most people downloading the dev preview

You got it! Just make it, "Google screwed up my phone!" and it'll be spot on. :D

peter nde63h

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I install android o on my pixel which is my daily driver and didn't find any big problem yet. small bugs exist but this is expected and acceptable. I would not roll back to 7.1.2 unless I encounter serious problem with android o.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I install android o on my pixel which is my daily driver and didn't find any big problem yet. small bugs exist but this is expected and acceptable. I would not roll back to 7.1.2 unless I encounter serious problem with android o.

Tried to install - "adb cannot read the .zip file" - d/l again - same thing. I have run into this before - now all I have to do is recall what I did to get it squared away.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What is this "aurora live" wallpaper?

I am running 7.1.2 Build NPG47I and see no signs of any such wallpaper, live or not.

peter nde63h

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Tried to install - "adb cannot read the .zip file" - d/l again - same thing. I have run into this before - now all I have to do is recall what I did to get it squared away.
you need to unzip the single file (named sailfish-opp1.170223.012.zip) downloaded from google and copy all files unzipped from it to the platform-tools folder which contains adb and fastboot.