Import Galaxy s6 ringtones, emojis, previous messages?

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung emojis are prettier. The Samsung ringtones aren't better or worse than the Pixel's, but I'm used to them. And i'd like to import my previous text messages into my Pixel so I can refer to those threads in the future.

Can I do this? How? Tenx.

Sfrrr

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I got my messages from my S7 Edge on my pixel by using the transfer utility in the pixel with the adapter that came with the phone.

I would also like to get the samsung emojis and some of the ringtones.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Let's rephrase this. Can I replace Google's emojis with Samsung's or someone else's? How?
I don't believe so. It's one thing I hate about pure Android, the Emojis are hideous. I use Textra and if you use their sub-menu above the keyboard you can use iOS emojis.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that hint. I note that SwiftKey, which is what I'm currently using, has an emoji add - on. I wonder if they use a different emoji provider.

Question: whether I use Google emoji or Samsung or Apple or whatever, the recipient of my email message sees the emojis from whatever set is on his /her phone. It's like a font in that way. Isn't that true?

Thanks.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that hint. I note that SwiftKey, which is what I'm currently using, has an emoji add - on. I wonder if they use a different emoji provider.

Question: whether I use Google emoji or Samsung or Apple or whatever, the recipient of my email message sees the emojis from whatever set is on his /her phone. It's like a font in that way. Isn't that true?

Thanks.
Yes that is true