Recent Battery Life

xxaarraa

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes, after the April update, my battery has been draining faster as well (have had phone since November). Weirdly, bluetooth seems to be a top 3 battery hog. I deleted and repaired all my bluetooth devices and it didn't solve the issue. Never had bluetooth be a big drain before April update either.

Hoping May update fixes this issue.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the may update fixes the battery performance. Mine has noticeably suffered with the April update. Seems every other day I'm having to put the phone on the charger during the day for a little while. I've had the phone since November and I've maybe done this 3 or 4 times prior to the April update. My son has his own phone now too, so he's also not playing games and clash Royale on my phone anymore either...

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Ever since April I'm struggling with battery. My phone just used 11% sitting on the night stand in 2.5 hours. Number 1 usage item is always Android system now. What the heck is going on?!?

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
May Security update simply slammed my battery life.
It's been exceptional since last Fall when I got my Pixel XL.
Nothing has changed otherwise.

Now? Battery does not make it through the day.
Terrible!

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Noticed yesterday that since the May update, battery life has been negatively affected. I have marginal 4G coverage at home (orange line all day) and phone was about dead in about 12 hours of minimal use.

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what happened but I deleted a bunch of apps I didn't use, uninstalled Facebook and reinstalled because it was giving me connectivity issues and my battery life and Android system usage is back to normal

mdx014

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Same for me and my wife. We both have Nexus 5x phones. Both devices had an uptime of about 28 hours. Starting with the May Security patch of 7.1.2 release of android, the uptime has been reduced to only about 12 hours. All the time "Android-System" is the high scorer in the energy overview with up to 40 %.

Both phones had no major changes in point of view to apps installed / changed. It really looks like the latest security update is the root cause of battery drain.

Does anybody already know about an existing bug ID to reference in the Google Android bug tracker?

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Can a few of those having battery issues of late try turning off their wifi? I did this yesterday and my battery drain got better, and appears to be better today as well. Not as good as before the April security update, but certainly better than what I've had the past month. My son is also trying this on his Nexus 6P as his battery took a dive after the April update as well.

Bear6201

May 17, 2017
Visit site
Battery life was a Giant plus like everyone one else after latest update it has been terrible. Google what ever you fixed STOP unfix it. Largest drain by far is the OS.

mdx014

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I can confirm, when I turn of WiFi for a whole day, the battery life gets better, but I'm not sure if this is simply because WiFi is off, or whether there is any relation to the root cause for having high battery drain and high percentage uses of OS process.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My Pixel XL battery life is not what it was a few months ago...seems to not last the whole day anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary