Recent Battery Life

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Had the Pixel since November (32 GB from Google Store on AT&T). Battery life has been great up until a few days ago. Anyone else seeing increased drain on battery life recently? Checked my battery info and there's nothing out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Had the Pixel since November (32 GB from Google Store on AT&T). Battery life has been great up until a few days ago. Anyone else seeing increased battery life recently? Checked my battery info and there's nothing out of the ordinary.
You mean decreased?

I have noticed that since the march update has settled in that my battery life has decreased.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
You mean decreased?

I have noticed that since the march update has settled in that my battery life has decreased.

Yes, thanks. I will edit. Meant to say "increased drain."

Hope this gets fixed on the next update, if the update did cause the problem and it's reported.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that since the march update after charging to 100% that the battery decreases so quickly, then settles in. Right now I have an hour off the charger with 40 min SOT and I'm down to 87% just using chrome and Tapatalk. Seems like a large initial drain off the charger which never used to happen before March.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that since the march update after charging to 100% that the battery decreases so quickly, then settles in. Right now I have an hour off the charger with 40 min SOT and I'm down to 87% just using chrome and Tapatalk. Seems like a large initial drain off the charger which never used to happen before March.

still sounds wonderful battery for me. I wish i could get that on my nexus 6p. I get about 2- 2.5 hr SOT max.
my wife's pixel gives her more than 5 hr on a charge and most of time she is playing games

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
still sounds wonderful battery for me. I wish i could get that on my nexus 6p. I get about 2- 2.5 hr SOT max.
my wife's pixel gives her more than 5 hr on a charge and most of time she is playing games
My max recently is 4 hours. But I feel the battery hasn't been performing well since the march update.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm experiencing a faster drain since the update, as well. Hopefully ensuing updates will fix this bug.
Seems like it's the update, others have agreed. I used to never have to charge my phone in a day usage and I find myself looking for the charger at 930pm.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Seems like it's the update, others have agreed. I used to never have to charge my phone in a day usage and I find myself looking for the charger at 930pm.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Hopefully it gets fixed soon! I mean, my battery life is still​pretty good, but the difference in drainage is definitely noticeable.

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I just started using this phone on March 23rd. The battery life was great, but recently it's been performing like my 6P. It will lose 10% in about 40 minutes. Up until at least the 1st or 2nd of April. I could be on the phone for 40 minutes watching videos and doing just about whatever and I'd be surprised to have only lost about 3-5%. I haven't done anything all that different. I've updated the software and I've gotten rid of over 50 apps, but I almost want to say this came after I noticed the battery draining faster. Maybe I'm using it more now, but I don't think I am. It seems to just not be performing as well as it once did. It's still good, but it's annoying to have had such great battery life before.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
It appears the April update didn't fix much in this regard. It may have improved slightly, but nothing like it was before.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
After a few days I'd say mine has either stayed the same or slightly improved. One thing I will say, for the days following a major update, I've always had worse battery life. Many say it takes a few days for everything to settle in, and I've seen that with most every update I've taken. So I'd say wait a few days to a week and see if it settles out or not before making a judgment on it.

I will say my Pixel (the regular not the XL) has the best battery life of any phone I've owned to this point. I hope they stick with the formula they used on this phone and don't increase the display size or resolution for the smaller of the two. If they want to increase the size for the XL I don't have a problem with it as I'll be sticking with the smaller model from here on out.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
This new patch restored battery stability overnight. I go to sleep with a full charge and wake up with a full charge. It used to almost drain completely.?.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm at a total loss. My battery life was incredible when I got the XL in early November, as in "forget to put it on the charger at night, no problem" incredible. For the past month or so, if I don't charge at some point during the day, I'm dead in the evening.

vVick3d

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Have you checked for any rogue apps using battery? Unless you made a change to software (OS or App) your battery life shouldn't change drastically, unless your usage pattern has also changed. Batteries will degrade over time but it should be gradual not just losing all battery life all of a sudden.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Have you checked for any rogue apps using battery? Unless you made a change to software (OS or App) your battery life shouldn't change drastically, unless your usage pattern has also changed. Batteries will degrade over time but it should be gradual not just losing all battery life all of a sudden.

Yeah, nothing changed since. Same apps, same usage for the most part.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Had the Pixel since November (32 GB from Google Store on AT&T). Battery life has been great up until a few days ago. Anyone else seeing increased drain on battery life recently? Checked my battery info and there's nothing out of the ordinary.

Battery drain here has increased on my FI used Pixel.