The worst problem with my Pixel XL?

UtahRoadie

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Boring cases. I am using a spigen Liquid Crystal case which protects my phone beautifully, but I want some color in my life. Maybe time to look into DSkins.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah dBrand has some nice skins.

I'm thinking of getting one myself. I recently got a Pixel and I don't really love and really want any of the cases I have seen. I mean some are alright though. The clear cases are nice though but I agree about wanting color.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I really like this case it gives the clear back and then the blue border gives a bit if color. It's the Supcase UB Clear.

254bf16608ab66eaad9deffb42eb39da.jpg
3d9c14127222d5366659ac40ada162ba.jpg

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Might be "Dull". I like it.

Liquid Crystal Google Pixel XL Case - Crystal Clear [Spigen]

View attachment 255116

You know I am almost wishing I went with the Blue Pixel XL but I wanted the 128 GB storage instead of 32. But I am only using 24 GB right now which includes pictures and videos from my old phone that is about 7 GB worth but those won't store free in the cloud only the new pictures and videos will.

I am still half tempted to exchange mine for the blue one I am still within my return policy with Verizon. But I don't know.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
......I have it in black.

Have gotten spoiled with real leather wallet cases for Nexus 6, Lumia 1520.
While extremely functional it made large phones HUGE.
Hoping to stay with the XL for an extended period; Changing cases for therapy.
Will try the fake leather during this period I'm sure. Thanks for the heads up.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Wow, that is a really nice case!

It's my favorite case I have seen for the Pixel. I got to see the caseology paralax in person and didn't really like it that much. I like clear back cases that show off the phone and this one caught my attention. Unfortunately for Pixel users it is only available for the XL. They may eventually release it for the standard Pixel as well. But who knows.

The only issue I would say it has, is that the buttons on the side are flat with the case and hard to distinguish the volume up from the volume down at times. I do wish they were raised up a bit to help with that.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's my favorite case I have seen for the Pixel. I got to see the caseology paralax in person and didn't really like it that much. I like clear back cases that show off the phone and this one caught my attention. Unfortunately for Pixel users it is only available for the XL. They may eventually release it for the standard Pixel as well. But who knows.

The only issue I would say it has, is that the buttons on the side are flat with the case and hard to distinguish the volume up from the volume down at times. I do wish they were raised up a bit to help with that.

Glad you are liking it! But yes, that issue would annoy me, too! Being raised would definitely help! Maybe they'll make a new and improved case for the next Pixel iteration!

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I use dbrand skins on my first XL; basically blacked it out with colorful G and pixel lightbar going across the back. <snip>

I have it in black.
How would you rate the level of difficulty for installing it on your Pixel XL? I have a regular sized Pixel and the edges seem like they might be a challenge.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
How would you rate the level of difficulty for installing it on your Pixel XL? I have a regular sized Pixel and the edges seem like they might be a challenge.

It's pretty easy, but they're also 3M... so if you miss, you can pull it off and reset it.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

I love clear cases but unfortunately can't use them bc I have OCD issues with the fingerprints! It grosses me out. I'm using Spigen rugged hybrid. It's one of my fav cases. That and the tudia slim carbon fiber. Wish they had diff colors though.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I like folio or wallet cases with a flip cover. I bought from Amazon a $20-25 red leather (maybe) wallet case with cutouts on the back for the camera, light, and fingerprint sensor. A reviewer on Amazon said he gets a flash halo, I believe, in his photos because the flash cutout is too small. My problem is that, technically, the fingerprint sensor cutout is the right size, but the case is so thick (leather plus the inner plastic shell) that I even when I press hard, my finger doesn't touch the sensor. If you like to use your fingerprint the case is useless. Otherwise, it's a nice looking car at a good price. Sigh.

So now, I'm shy of all wallet cases that use cutouts to provide access to the sensor.

Anyone found a leather wallet case with an accessible sensor cutout?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2