text photos sent as a Google photo opposed to just the picture

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes when I send a picture with Textra, it gives a link to Google photos, rather than just sending the attached picture. From what I know, I'm not saving my pictures to the cloud. Anyone have any suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How are you attaching the photo? Are you going to your gallery app, selecting the photo, then Sharing it using Textra? Or are you in Textra first, tap the attachment button, and then select the photo?

If it's the latter, are you selecting the Google Photos option, or something else like Gallery, Camera, or Files?

You can go to photos.google.com on your desktop browser to see if your photos are in fact getting backed up there.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
How are you attaching the photo? Are you going to your gallery app, selecting the photo, then Sharing it using Textra? Or are you in Textra first, tap the attachment button, and then select the photo?

If it's the latter, are you selecting the Google Photos option, or something else like Gallery, Camera, or Files?

You can go to photos.google.com on your desktop browser to see if your photos are in fact getting backed up there.

Only two of my photos are on my Google account backed up. It seems those are the two that went out as a shared photo as opposed to an attachment. I have sync and backup turned off. I don't remember if I went to the gallery first and chose the image, or if I went to Textra first and added the image. Seems to be random and I can't always duplicate the problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87