Pixel plagued by supply issues

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I caught a news blip on my Google Now that states Canadian carriers are beginning to list the Pixel XL as discontinued and will not be receiving any more shipments. I have not been able to find any XL's, 32 or 128, or standard in 128 for a long time. On top of that, Google Play store offers the option to join the waitlist more often than not. Prices for preowned 128GB Pixels are through the roof on Swappa.

I guess if I REALLY wanted a Pixel, I should have been there on day one, or waited just like everyone else. Is supply really that low, and demand that high? It's almost to the point where the blue Pixels are unicorn devices. I know I'm ranting a bit, but this whole thing seems like a project to determine interest and create a demand.

Does anyone have any insight as to why the shortage of devices? I can't imagine Google stopping production completely, but rather make it so slow that there is no excess units to sell when the Pixel 2 is released. I can't say that I'm bummed, because at this point, its too late to buy a new Pixel at full price.

There's alot of "I" in there....and it's not all about what I want but what's everyone else think about this?

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
It's bad business IMO. By not getting a decent supply they are restricting the impact of the next generation of the device. Some might feel burned and not want to bother with waiting for the pixel 2 and just go with a more readily available Samsung or LG.

Personally for me I'm now babying mine mostly on the fact that if I had to warranty replace mine they wouldn't have stock for weeks or at all available. And to me that's not acceptable. So I'm hesitant to jump on the pixel 2 ship.
Don't get me wrong, it's a good phone. But it still feels like a prototype at times with the signal dropping and Bluetooth issues. If they can fix those and supply with the next pixels I think they would have a solid standing in the phone market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech