Pixel out of stock?

clara_oswin

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to buy the Pixel from the Google store but they're out of stock.

I really don't want to buy from Verizon. They screwed me over with the Moto X and I don't trust them to put out updates speedy.

Should I wait or buy a different phone? The Pixel XL is still available on the Google store, but I don't know if it's too big for me. Is the Nexus 5x still a good phone to buy?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Verizon is responsible for the Pixel updates, even for the devices bought through them.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Verizon is responsible for the Pixel updates, even for the devices bought through them.
Indeed, this is basically the first time ever you could buy a phone from Verizon and have it be pure Google anyways

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah your best bet is seeking a Verizon one or going the second hand market route which is very hot right now.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Also, keep checking. The phones have been known to go in and out of stock quickly. I was shocked when the Really Blue showed up in stock...

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Nope they have been just as fast as the unlocked one. I've received all the updates on the same day or in the same week as the unlocked device.

clara_oswin

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys. I finally was able to order one but the delivery date is May 10th-12th so now i get to play the waiting game. :p

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I waited almost 3 months from it's official release date because no one had them. Then I just gave up. I can't believe that it's been several months since it's release and they are still coming up out of stock.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Pixel in a lot of ways is vaporware (obviously not for those that have it). Not being able to keep up supply to increase artificially demand is a pretty cheap ploy. Now that they want to be mainstream with premium pricing it's time to grow up.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have heard that much of the difficulty in achieving an adequate inventory was due to a shortage of screens for the Pixel phones. Rumor has it that Google may be trying to head off future issues by investing millions in LG Display.