Dropping Wi-Fi since upgrade to 7.1.2 on 5 april

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So far, I've had no problems with calls, but my Pixel xl now sometimes drops a perfectly strong Wi-Fi connection.

I have three networks in my building and therefore the networks set up on my Pixel xl. Before the upgrade, Pixel Connectivity automatically chose the nearest of the networks and connected. But if I needed to be on another network (to wirelessly print, for example), i could change it by just pointing to another network. Now, a few times a day, it disconnects me from the existing connection and informs me it's saving the connection info. But then it won't connect to anything else on any one of the networks. If I wait 15-30 minutes, it usually does connect to something, although not necessarily the network I want.

Any suggestions, please?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to disconnect and "forget" all the networks? Try that and then reconnect and re-enter all the network passwords and see if that helps.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Oy. A giant PIA. But it sounds like just the sort of thing that would work. I'll try it and report back. Thanks.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Oy. A giant PIA. But it sounds like just the sort of thing that would work. I'll try it and report back. Thanks.

PIA? LMAO it cracks me up how people come up with their own acronyms and just assume we should know what it is. I'm sure PIA is something obvious but not to me.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
BTW, the PIA solution didn't work. I'm getting close to TTTCATR (throwing this thing clear across the room).