How do I get my outlook contacts back?

A

AC Question

I have a Pixel and it recently received a system update. I have since lost all of my Outlook contacts from my contacts app. Deregistering, uninstalling, and reinstalling the account had no effect. How do I get this to work properly again?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I have a Pixel and it recently received a system update. I have since lost all of my Outlook contacts from my contacts app. Deregistering, uninstalling, and reinstalling the account had no effect. How do I get this to work properly again?

Try adding your Outlook account as an Exchange account and only sync your contacts?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Open the Contacts app, click the hamburger menu at top left, click Settings and then Contacts to display. Make certain that it is set to All contacts.

poit57

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I am a Windows phone user trying to get started with Android. Since all my contacts are stored on my Outlook account, I've been searching through these forums this morning for help. This post helped me with my initial setup, but might apply to you as well after your system update.

Basically, the solution was to make sure contact syncing was enabled from within the Outlook app.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I posted in the linked post as well, but I would recommend the app "Nine - Outlook for Android". It was the only way I found to get a good sync of outlook contacts and calendar events.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv