What was Google thinking

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So... You're not getting AT&T'd S7e working on Verizon.. ??

Oh I hope when At&t emails me the Unlock code I can take it to Verizon and get the phone number on it transferred.
Then I can rest assured that the OL is on it and I can buy a Pixel phone for myself.
And everything will be safe.
Too much money to buy 2 phones to change carriers.
And I do not want to make monthly payments

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everybody

Think I will get up in the morning and wait on AT&T to send me a unlock code.
Drive 88 miles to houston. Ask my Ol to borrow her S7E and take it to Verizon and see what they say.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everybody

Drive 88 miles to houston. Ask my Ol to borrow her S7E and take it to Verizon and see what they say.

P.S. Targets website says they don't have any within a hundred miles of me.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh I hope when At&t emails me the Unlock code I can take it to Verizon and get the phone number on it transferred.
Then I can rest assured that the OL is on it and I can buy a Pixel phone for myself.
And everything will be safe.
Too much money to buy 2 phones to change carriers.
And I do not want to make monthly payments

The number is tied to the SIM.

Even when SIM unlocked, AT&T's version of the Galaxy S7 edge won't work on Verizon.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh
I didn't think about calling Target
Never dealt with them.
I'm pretty sure they can't transfer my OL's phone over and use the uNlock code.
If your AT&T Galaxy S7 edge is paid off, AT&T will have the code for you. Target, Best Buy, Verizon - they won't have it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everybody

Verizon will ask if you want to trade-in the AT&T Galaxy S7 edge and get a phone that's compatible with Verizon.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Looks like I'm stuck with At&t.
Phone working or not.

Things will usually work out better when you're not trying to force a square peg to fit into a round hole, which would be the case with trying to get the AT&T branded S7 Edge to work on the Verizon network. Your wife is happy with her phone. Even if her phone could be made to work on Verizon, it would work poorly at best, and she would not be happy, which means it's highly unlikely you would be happy.

It's better to wait until you can get new phones for both of you before moving to a new carrier. In the meantime, as you said your phone may not last much longer, you could order a Pixel or Pixel XL from Google for yourself, and use it on AT&T until you can get a new phone for your wife, and then you could move both phones. Meanwhile, your wife would have the opportunity to see how much you like your new phone, and I'll bet she'll like it too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692