lack of stock and software bugs ruining pixel ?!?!?!

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So I spend a good amount of time on various Android sites and in the forums and lately all I've been hearing are negatives that are "ruining" the pixel and pushing people away from this "premium" branded phone. First is the lack of stock for this device and just how hard it is to get your hands on one. Another complaint is Google's joke of a replacement program that takes a very long time to actually get you a replacement phone. New bugs and issues are arising from the new software releases and many people I have heard are frustrated that Google can't seem to release an update that plagues phones with new issues. This was supposed to be a major push from Google to release a polished premium phone into the mix to compete with the best , but I can't help but feel that the pixel is still just a very expensive "Nexus" device. Anyone else feel or have heard any of these things about the pixel ? I have always been a huge fan for pure Android and have always taken the bugs that came with the Nexus phones without much scrutiny because those phones were very much "developer" phones . But with the pixel phones updates should be stable and not have those same issues. Do you agree with this or any of these other opinions ? What are your thoughts towards the pixel ? Everyone still love the phone or have you grown to have a sour taste towards it ?!?!?!?

Mhd 1999

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
I'm using a regular 32 GB pixel, never had ANY problem. In fact, this is the best phone I've ever used, my experience has been awesome.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
My thoughts are: A flagship priced middle-range phone.

And I do agree with you. I sold a couple of them and ended up refunding customers because phones were buggy.

Damu357

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Had mine since November and haven't had a problem yet. Don't know what the bugs can be since the software is the same, unless you got Verizon version with carrier specific software version.

slowmyke

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
All phones are going to have some issues, but judging the overall success of the phone just by forums is going to give you a negative view of most phones. People generally post on the forums when they are having trouble with their phones or are unhappy with them. Most people who are happy with their phones and having no issue with them aren't online posting about them.

Some anecdotal evidence here, I've had my 128gig pixel since the start of December and have had no problems with it, save for an issue with Google drive not saving downloads to my phone. I know of a fix but haven't bothered to do it yet since i don't download from Google drive often.

I've had an htc MyTouch way back when and that was a good phone for about 6 months before it got bogged down by an Android update. I had a Galaxy s3 that was a pretty good phone but need to be replaced early on due to the volume rocker breaking. It also got bogged down after Android updated beyond it's capability. Then I had a Droid turbo, which was a fantastic phone and almost swayed me to get another Motorola phone when i got the pixel, but I got the pixel for $10/month with the black Friday deal and couldn't pass up the bloatware-free phone with some pretty good specs. The 2 things i miss from Motorola are the huge battery and some of the motion shortcuts, but aside from that the pixel is by far the best phone I've ever had. My wife gets new iphones about once a year and i honestly think the pixel is better than the iPhone currently. Perhaps the latest batch of new Android phones have passed the pixel, but that would be understandable since the pixel is 6 months old now and phones advance at an incredible pace now.

I think the biggest ding to the pixel is the supply issue. I don't understand how Google hasn't gotten that under control, but perhaps they are bound by some production contact or capacity with htc. I can only assume that Google will have more pixel 2's available than they did with the original.

mlynch01

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I agree, I have a Pixel XL 128GB and have no issues it's a great device. Supply issues are a hindrance for Google. But from some articles I have read it appears that the issue is not being able to source enough Amoled panels from Samsung. That's been what's holding them back. That's the reason they are looking to invest 800 million in LG Display to get first dibs on panels for the Pixel 2.

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Lack of stock sucked, but the free Daydream VR more than made up for that. But as for the software issues a very small minority are experiencing are normal like any other phone does. The vast majority of us have had no issues. Not the most stylish phone, but it's plain Android, very fast, takes great pictures, excellent battery life, so I am happy.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had 2 since day 3. I've never had so much as a hiccup with either.

By far the best device I have ever had.

Having to wait months, if not years for an update to fix an issue. Only to have the update run worse than the original software.... No thank you.

As for stock. If you live in the US, you can go to any Best Buy and pick one up today.

So if you are complaining about stock, then either you are not all that unhappy with whatever brick you are currently rocking, or you simply are looking for something to ***** about.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma