Arrow Launcher On Pixel XL - Anyone Using It?

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I came to the Pixel for a "Pure Android" experience and I really like it. That said, I am heavily invest in a Microsoft Ecosystem (Home and Work)and I've used Arrow on past phones and like it a lot. Just curious if anyone was giving it a shot on Pixel and how they like it so far.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I came to the Pixel for a "Pure Android" experience and I really like it. That said, I am heavily invest in a Microsoft Ecosystem (Home and Work)and I've used Arrow on past phones and like it a lot. Just curious if anyone was giving it a shot on Pixel and how they like it so far.
I have the Nexus 6p which is almost identical to the pixel phone. For me, the phones are smooth, clean, fast, and effortless! You can load whichever Microsoft apps you need to have on them, so you're not missing anything. You won't be disappointed.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the Nexus 6p which is almost identical to the pixel phone. For me, the phones are smooth, clean, fast, and effortless! You can load whichever Microsoft apps you need to have on them, so you're not missing anything. You won't be disappointed.

I am not married to Microsoft by any means but I've been invested in a Microsoft world for years both at work at home. Was thinking of loading Arrow, switching to Bing as default search engine (reward points baby), and setting Cortana as default assistant since I use Cortana on Surface Book and yes, XBOX.

I'll give it a shot. Was only concerned a little about performance issues (speed and battery life)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am not married to Microsoft by any means but I've been invested in a Microsoft world for years both at work at home. Was thinking of loading Arrow, switching to Bing as default search engine (reward points baby), and setting Cortana as default assistant since I use Cortana on Surface Book and yes, XBOX.

I'll give it a shot. Was only concerned a little about performance issues (speed and battery life)
Gotcha. I mean if you're that heavily vested in the Microsoft ecosystem, then sure you could set all of those apps as default and use everything instead of all of the core Google services in your phone, or just buy a Windows phone. Both are excellent options, just depends on what type of experience you want to have. The battery life, and performance though are awesome!

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha. I mean if you're that heavily vested in the Microsoft ecosystem, then sure you could set all of those apps as default and use everything instead of all of the core Google services in your phone, or just buy a Windows phone. Both are excellent options, just depends on what type of experience you want to have. The battery life, and performance though are awesome!

I have a Moto Z Force Droid which has rocking battery life and a GREAT but slow camera. It is kind of hard to let go of the Pixel due to the near perfect camera.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a Moto Z Force Droid which has rocking battery life and a GREAT but slow camera. It is kind of hard to let go of the Pixel due to the near perfect camera.
Oh absolutely, I hear you on that completely! I have the Pixel camera apk on my phone. The beauty in the Pixel camera is the software, the hdr+ mode does an exception job of low light photography.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site

Arrow is great on battery life and speed! I have used it on different phones but I'm considering trying it with my Pixel now.

The idea actually crossed my mind before this thread actually, thanks for the reminder!

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Arrow is great on battery life and speed! I have used it on different phones but I'm considering trying it with my Pixel now.

The idea actually crossed my mind before this thread actually, thanks for the reminder!

This is the beauty of Android...the customization options.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This is the beauty of Android...the customization options.
You know what, I couldn't agree more! Should also showing the app navbar. That customizes the look of your on-screen touch screen navigation buttons. Yes, with Android, you can do whatever the heck you want to do to it.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I might give Arrow a shot on the Pixel. I'd be interested to see how it works for you. I have it on my Moto G4 now and like it a lot, just wish you could get to the app list like you do on the Pixel instead of needing the all apps icon. Also I haven't really seen the notification badges working, and I think I would like to have that, but I guess I don't miss it too much.

maddiealan

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I had never used Arrow before and just found it the other day. I put it on my Pixel and it works great! Doesn't affect battery or speed. I use all Google apps and none of them have had a problem with this launcher. I was always a big Nova fan, but I love using Arrow now!