6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ambient display

2 33.33%
  • Notification

4 66.67%
    Curious which folks prefer.
    05-15-2017 10:36 AM
    Curious which folks prefer.
    Definitely ambient display. I was never a fan of lights to begin with but after using the Moto x for two years and with the active display I couldn't go back
    05-15-2017 11:35 AM
    Def lights, with Lightflow
    05-15-2017 01:58 PM
    Given that the ambient display doesn't "pulse" I don't like using it. Also it's not visible in direct sunlight. So it's kinda useless.
    05-15-2017 02:08 PM
    Both.

Ambient display because, when the phone is sitting on its back on my desk and a notification arrives, I can glance over and quickly see what it is and whether it requires immediate attention.

LED because, if I wasn't near my phone when a notification hit, I will still know about it immediately upon returning to my desk and seeing the notification LED flashing. Apps such as Lightflow or Light Manger make this even more useful as I can program different LED colors/pulsing for different types of notifications.
    05-16-2017 04:42 AM
    Both.

Ambient display because, when the phone is sitting on its back on my desk and a notification arrives, I can glance over and quickly see what it is and whether it requires immediate attention.

LED because, if I wasn't near my phone when a notification hit, I will still know about it immediately upon returning to my desk and seeing the notification LED flashing. Apps such as Lightflow or Light Manger make this even more useful as I can program different LED colors/pulsing for different types of notifications.
    same reason i prefer both. except my scenario is when i leave my phone to charge at home and dont see it for a while.
    05-16-2017 11:53 AM