Does T-mobile HD Calling / VOLTE / WIFI calling work on the Pixel?

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Currently I have a Nexus 6p and my wife has a galaxy s6. We're on AT&T, my question is if we switch to t-mobile and I get a pixel or maybe wait for the Pixel 2 will my phone work with the VOLTE, WiFi calling and HD voice? My wife would be getting a gs8 so I'm sure she would be good but currently none of that works in AT&T with my nexus. If anyone has a pixel on tmo and can explain I'd greatly appreciate it.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Do T-mobile HD Calling / VOLTE / WIFI calling work on the Pixel?

Currently I have a Nexus 6p and my wife has a galaxy s6. We're on AT&T, my question is if we switch to t-mobile and I get a pixel or maybe wait for the Pixel 2 will my phone work with the VOLTE, WiFi calling and HD voice? My wife would be getting a gs8 so I'm sure she would be good but currently none of that works in AT&T with my nexus. If anyone has a pixel on tmo and can explain I'd greatly appreciate it.

I am on T-Mobile with my Pixel on the T-Mobile ONE plan.
I can confirm that it works as expected .(VOLTE, WiFi Calling)
I pretty sure HD calling just works on VoLTE and not while on WiFi tho

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

All work on the pixel for T-Mobile! I have no issues with voLTE, wifi calling or HD Voice.. Fantastic phone and a great service.. Very happy with mine!

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

@davidnc @jlarkins08

anyone know if the HD voice works for calls with other carriers that also offer HD voice? Or does it have to be tmo to tmo?
Based upon my experience not AT&T. I recently switched to T-Mobile because of AT&T's standing policy to not fully support enhanced features on unlocked devices brought onto their network.

Last edited:

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

@davidnc @jlarkins08

anyone know if the HD voice works for calls with other carriers that also offer HD voice? Or does it have to be tmo to tmo?
I'm not sure about other carriers but that's why I have TMobile.. They are the only major carrier I know of that plays nice with unlocked devices!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile with my Pixel on the T-Mobile ONE plan.
I can confirm that it works as expected .(VOLTE, WiFi Calling)
I pretty sure HD calling just works on VoLTE and not while on WiFi tho

Same here. Just switched to TMO from att after a long time on att. Nice to have wifi calling on my pixel XL. Had it with my iPhone 7+ on att, but my pixel XL was not supported and they raised the price of my unlimited plan $10 in a year. On the TMO 75 unlimited.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Just switched to TMO from att after a long time on att. Nice to have wifi calling on my pixel XL. Had it with my iPhone 7+ on att, but my pixel XL was not supported and they raised the price of my unlimited plan $10 in a year. On the TMO 75 unlimited.

Yeah being on T-Mobile was the first time I had WiFi calling available. I have a pretty good signal with T-Mobile I just like options :)
Pretty sure Vzw did not have Wifi calling when I had services with them :(
At&t is to picky to whom they allow to use some of their services with unbranded phones (android phones) ,and have no plans to change their attitude any time soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton