Cases for the Pixel XL

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a Spigeon Rugged Armor case but I wanted something else and this was what I just got:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5543691
Google Pixel XL Case, BELK Premium Retro Slim Wallet Case, Vintage Leather Classical Folio Flip Cover with [Magnetic Snap] [TPU Stand Bumper] [3 Card Slots Holder] for Google Pixel XL (5.5 Inch), Buff
Sold by: BELKA
$13.99
from Amazon in a brown. Not I assume real leather but feels like it and looks like it. This is when I realize how much I dislike the fingerprint scanner on the back, but the case fits perfectly and feels better
in my hand than the Spigeon. Belk case2.jpgAmazon.com_Google_Pixel_XL_Case,.jpg

UPDATE So I dropped my phone this morning, trying to get it off the night table without getting out of bed,
which I do all the time but not today. About a five foot drop on its back onto a laminate wood floor. In this case.
Nada. Not a scratch. No problems. Whew. Don't care to try that again, but at least the case did protect it.

Last edited:

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Spigeon Rugged Armor case but I wanted something else and this was what I just got:
View attachment 245003View attachment 245004

I've had that type of case before. I really like the protection, style, and general functionality. Only thing I didn't care for was that it was awkward for taking video/pictures because you couldn't simply fold the front flap around against the back as it would block the camera.

smokeeater218

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Google clear case from the Google store and it is way too over priced, is just a flimsy Piece of plastic, I'm very disappointed. I expected a lot more for $30 😠😡

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to try a wallet for my Pixel XL rather than a case. My Nexus 5 went 'naked' for its life (and never a scratch on it) but now I want to avoid carrying an additional, separate wallet with me all of the time as well as the phone - at work, for example.

Requirements: credit card slots; bill slot for paper (well, polymer) notes; no securing catch because I've found they can snag in your pocket when inserting or removing (and why would I want it held closed anyway?); real leather, as I paid AUD$1,400 for the phone (yep that's how much Google Store charges us Downunder) I'm not going keep it in cheap plastic.

I found one that is made in China - well there's a surprise, haha - through Etsy.com. The supplier, jinapplehandmade, delivered the phone to me in Sydney in less than a week, for USD$47 all up.

The wallet secures the phone snugly, and no problem using the on/off button or volume buttons; a slightly harder press is needed but nothing annoying. The hole in the back for the fingerprint scanner is perfect and never fails to read my fingerprint, despite the thickness of the leather. Also, no problem connecting headphones or the USB C connector to charge the phone.

Here are some photos of mine. The leather has an 'aged' look and I'll probably appreciate it even more when it acquires some 'battle scars'. :) Very happy with the cover, and the service from the supplier.

Phone cover open.jpgPhone cover closed.jpg

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
It's grown on me. Got the Google clear today. Very minimalistic. Nice if you want something just to prevent it from scratches, but not much protection. The Tech21 has a nice "grippy" feel. And, it looks really sharp with the white/silver phone together with its white shock absorbing material in the edges.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I have the Tech21 case. It's sharp looking and offers good protection. But, I find the buttons VERY hard to push. I literally have a sore thumb.

Not sure with the XL, but with the Pixel I found it darn near unusable. Okay I'm exaggerating a little bit. I went with the Seidio, super responsive buttons

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found cases with a belt clip holster included? Trying to find one for my dad as he is now ordering an XL ad well.