Can the Google Pixel get Turned into a Wireless Charging phone with This?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that is any different than all the other ones out there. I ordered this one from Amazon for $9. It arrives tomorrow,. Keep in mind, it uses your USB port so you won't be able to have anything else plugged into it at the same time. I'm just having mine to be able to charge on my tilt charger at night, it won't be tucked into my case, because I want to be able to take it off in the morning to use my port

http://www.top1price.com/black-wire...er-type-c-mobile-phones-92a049fa30a50a56.html

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind, it uses your USB port so you won't be able to have anything else plugged into it at the same time. I'm just having mine to be able to charge on my tilt charger at night, it won't be tucked into my case, because I want to be able to take it off in the morning to use my port

Good thing that charging is the main thing the USB port is used for headphones :)

So if you don't have it tucked in your case, does that mean you're plugging it into the port at night and then throwing it atop your Qi? What I enjoyed most about Qi was the fact that I wasn't putting wear on the port every time I connected/disconnected something to it... Almost seems like more effort to connect your phone to a plug-in module so you can lay it atop a Qi than it would be to cut out the end step and simply plug it straight into the charger, not to mention that regular chargers are generally faster and generate far less heat (and thermal wear) on your phone.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I agree with everything you just said. This is just for bedside use. I like to leave it on Tylt charger, wave my hand over to see my notifications (Gravity app) , and grab my phone in the middle of the night. Yes, I'm one of those people checking their phone when they wake up at night.

So the wear on the port would be no more with the wireless adapter, than with a dedicated charger, if I'm just plugging it in at night and unplugging it in the morning

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea but don't like the implementation. It would be great if they could find a way to adjust the usb-c to incorporate a female pass through so that you could plug in anything at will.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Got mine today, it mostly Works, kind of slow, little slower than regular wireless charging, mine charged 12% in 45 minutes, where the wireless on my Droid Charge to 20% per hour. However, I don't like the difficulty in taking the adapter out of the port. I'll either be returning it or not using it. Anyone want to buy a Tylt charger haha.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I got the UGpine version of QI reciever. I love it. Fits nicely and works with my QI Samsung charger.

It did fit perfectly under that case if somebody wants it permanently there , but if its underneath the case you can't take the plug out

amtrucker22

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Very good point. I agree about the case and I should of clarified. I am a light user and usually have about 60-70% left each night. There is no reason for me to pull it out.

Kyle Newton2

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Working on a write up/review with photo's of a good QI solution I've found to put on my tech blog. Using the Pixel XL right now at the moment as well. Should I share the link when it's done?

Kyle Newton2

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to provide a quick update as well. Since my previous comment here, UAG has released a case specifically for the Pixel XL. The UAG Pixel / XL cases have these 4 small silicone "bumpers" inside, which provides some type of shock absorption with the thin air-pocket between the phone and the case itself on the back side. Point being, is that the QI Adapter, actually fits very nicely under the UAG case. Next to zero bulge in the back of the case. The only other down side is that it's a clear or ash colored case, depending on which one you would pick, so you can slightly see the QI Adapter from the back. I will likely take more photo's and update the post.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Follow up! I have been using the wireless charging tab for 3 weeks and it charges just as fast as the plug that came with it as long as you are using a fast wireless charger. One strange thing I noticed about charging with plugs is that the Note 7 USB-C plug charges faster then the plug that came with the Pixel XL.

Joe Black10

Jun 28, 2017
Visit site
Got mine today, it mostly Works, kind of slow, little slower than regular wireless charging, mine charged 12% in 45 minutes, where the wireless on my Droid Charge to 20% per hour. However, I don't like the difficulty in taking the adapter out of the port. I'll either be returning it or not using it. Anyone want to buy a Tylt charger haha.

you realize that 12% in 45 minutes isn't just "kind of slow" right?? the pixel will charge 75% in 15 mins on it's factory charger. give it up guys, you'll have the phone for about two years. "wear and tear" in the sense of plugging it into your charger at night shouldn't even be an issue. stop trying to pimp out the phone and go with the simpler and most efficient method that is normal charging. ffs.