Pictures of Screen Protectors

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
There are a lot of threads about screen protectors floating around. There are a lot of complaints about the screen protectors not fully covering the glass, or even the usable area.

I'm trying to find a screen protector that'll work for me and I was hoping some of you who already have one would post a picture of your (protected) phone so I can see which one suits me best. Be sure to include the brand and model of the protector. Plastic protectors and glass protectors are welcome; so are comments on the protector you're using. Thanks!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
"Screen protectors" are actually only scratch preventers, they don't actually "protect" the screen from breakage. See http://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-internal-screen-cracked-phone-wont-turn.html Even with a protector and a case, the screen not only cracked, it cracked badly enough that it's useless.

I'd disagree with that. They aren't proof against fracture, but do provide some protection. Interestingly, it appears that (some of the) film protectors are offering a substantial amount of impact protection - far more than glass.

Pretty sure that's a ridiculously light weight hammer head, but it's still driving hard enough (and there's enough other reviews supporting its impact distribution) that I don't doubt it does a pretty good job vs most threats. That said, it's also relatively soft and could be scratched by keys, etc, so it comes down to whether you want impact or scratch resistance.

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the information, folks, but it's kind of off topic.

I'm fine with my screen protector only protecting it from scratches. It's still protecting the screen, just not from every kind of damage. (If it also protects from some impacts, all the better.) If you want to argue about their ability to prevent cracks or whether or not they should be called "protectors," start your own thread. :)

I'm still hoping to actually see how much of the screen some of the different brands cover.

Dan L2

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Clear Plex which is best buys screen protector is custom cut. It covers the complete screen.

I've been using best buys screen protector for years. It's a bit more then the average protector but it comes with lifetime warranty. Takes about 24hrs to cure and then you can put your case on of you use one.

Supposably used by NASA as well.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Clear Plex which is best buys screen protector is custom cut. It covers the complete screen.

I've been using best buys screen protector for years. It's a bit more then the average protector but it comes with lifetime warranty. Takes about 24hrs to cure and then you can put your case on of you use one.

Supposably used by NASA as well.

Heard good things before about that, but iirc it's a BB-Canada exclusive (?). Doesn't come up on the US website.

TavisB

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
c3af7ead1169665eba203a3692da88a9.jpg

[2-Pack] Google Pixel XL Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Supershieldz Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint, Bubble Free, Lifetime Replacement Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZT3PG...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5551916

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Verizon model. Yes, it's a bit short, but with the lip around my case I'm not needing or able to touch that part of the screen anyway. And it lays perfectly flat.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who can't bear to see a picture hanging even the slightest bit off kilter. I know that a screen protector that doesn't completely cover the screen would drive me to distraction, like a bit of something caught between two teeth. So, I'll just have to wait until, hopefully, some company comes up with a viable solution.

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
The curvature of the glass at the edges of the front of the phone is what is keeping the companies from making full coverage protectors. If you take a rigid, perfectly flat tempered glass protector and attempt to adhere it to a screen that is curved at the edges, the edges of the protector will lift and not sit flush. This could then attract copious amounts of lint and dust, as well as catch on things and lift. As a result, the companies are attempting to size and make glass protectors that are the exact width of the viewable area of the phone. A few, like Zagg, have missed the mark and people don't like it. Others, like YooTech and SuperShieldz, have gotten it pretty much spot on, but the result is if you are off by even the slightest bit in application, you'll have a gap of coverage. I'm not exactly sure why they haven't made one that is the exact viewable area plus 1 or 1.5mm, which in my opinion would be enough to cover and still avoid lipping at the curved edges.

I currently have a SuperShieldz on my phone and due to my own imperfection in applying it, I have a teeny gap (~.3mm) on the bottom left of my screen's viewable area. I'd love for Zagg to reissue with a larger footprint. The SuperShieldz don't have the slightly rounded edge of previous Zaggs I've used, so the feel isn't as refined.

Regarding ClearPlex, their site does not appear to offer a protector for the Pixel or Pixel XL at all yet.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not that picky about screen protectors, but the two I've tried so far -- iCarez and Tech Armor (currently using the latter) don't have coverage at the top in the area above the front camera and phone speaker/LED notification light. There's just a big cutout going under both of these things rather than two smaller individual cutouts. Anyone know of a screen protector that doesn't cut this corner?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463