What is your guys wishlist for Pixel XL

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
The 6p was a great phone, my cousin has one, but obviously it'll have the usual flagship specs, but I'm hoping it'll be like the S7, Best camera and best display for a phone. I hope the XL will have an amoled display, camera performance similar to the V20 or S7 and a big battery like 3500 mah, also it'd be nice to have hifi audio if HTC is making the bigger version too! What are your guys wishlist for the Pixel XL?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The 6p was a great phone, my cousin has one, but obviously it'll have the usual flagship specs, but I'm hoping it'll be like the S7, Best camera and best display for a phone. I hope the XL will have an amoled display, camera performance similar to the V20 or S7 and a big battery like 3500 mah, also it'd be nice to have hifi audio if HTC is making the bigger version too! What are your guys wishlist for the Pixel XL?

I like your list plus wireless charging and front facing speakers.

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I hope it has OIS on the camera with similar Large Pixel design like the 6P.
I hope it has a similair audio setup to the HTC 10, stereo audio out of the earpiece and down facing speaker
Good quality Amoled display, not all amoleds are created equal

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
OIS and a $499 price tag - at least through Project Fi, or on holiday sale. Yes, I realize I will probably be disappointed.

Frankiefaithful

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
My wishlist:

That the rumored dimensions and bezels from the concept pictures aren't true. The bezels looks massive, which I'm surprised about because I thought mobile manufacturers were moving away from. It's also bigger than it needs to be. 4mm taller to be exact. It should be at least 4mm shorter than the rumored dimensions. Screen to body ratio should be no less than 73%.

Naturally you think it would have the SD820 chip, but I figured they really want to blow people away, I hope it has the SD821. If it in fact has the SD820, and not many other notable features, I don't see why I wouldn't buy the Oneplus 3 instead. If this is supposed to be their first real phone to compete against the other major flagships, it's going to have to be something other than their previous Nexus developer reference phones.

Although it will most likely have a 3450mah battery, it needs to last longer than you're average 3450mah battery (which are disappointing), and the previous Nexus 6p 3450mah battery. I had the 6p for a while, and it regularly would end up at 15% by the time I get home from work. Now I've been using the Redmi Note 3 for a while, with a 4000mah battery, and it ends up at around 70% by the time I get home from work. Too sharp of a contrast even when considering the specs.

The only piece of software that would stand out to me would be a merging of Google Allo and Google Hangouts to compete directly with WhatsApp. Whether or not that's happening anytime soon, it could make massive waves if they were to introduce it during the reveal on October 4th.

Pretty basic stuff. If they really want this to fly, it's going to have to offer something that stands out from the competition. Perhaps there's something they will reveal or offer I haven't thought of yet, or didn't know I wanted. If it's just a rebranded mediocre Nexus phone, don't think I'll be interested.

danmerezeanu

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
My wishlist consists in things that I have on Nexus 6 and seems that were abandoned on the way:
- bigger screen. 5.5 is not big enough for me, especially after having 5.96 inches on my Nexus 6
- smaller bezels - again, Nexus 6 is the best Nexus from this point of view; and Pixel phones do not even have the excuse of the stereo speakers
- stereo speakers
- OIS for the main camera (at least)
- WiFi charging
- a reasonable price (considering the actual rumors)

I know things are already settled and the wheels are in motion so nothing will change this year but maybe next year I will find them included in the new Google phone of 2017. Until then I'm very much tempted to stay one more year with my trusted Nexus 6.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
My wishlist consists in things that I have on Nexus 6 and seems that were abandoned on the way:
- bigger screen. 5.5 is not big enough for me, especially after having 5.96 inches on my Nexus 6
- smaller bezels - again, Nexus 6 is the best Nexus from this point of view; and Pixel phones do not even have the excuse of the stereo speakers
- stereo speakers
- OIS for the main camera (at least)
- WiFi charging
- a reasonable price (considering the actual rumors)

I know things are already settled and the wheels are in motion so nothing will change this year but maybe next year I will find them included in the new Google phone of 2017. Until then I'm very much tempted to stay one more year with my trusted Nexus 6.

I'm tempted to just get NIB Nexus 6 if my current one dies!.........:D

shebamehr

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
For me, hoping for some killer speakers and OIS for the main camera. And honestly, I think 5.5" is perfect...5.7" is a big too big in my opinion!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy