Will Allo be pre installed?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
God, I hope not!

They will still have the 'basic' app since Allo (at least for now) can't take over SMS (which has been a lot of people's main gripe, besides the whole 'OMG the private sky is falling' thing), but I really hope they don't include it.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Huh? What does Allo have to do with Edward Snowden?

Agree other than he flapped his lips and said don't use it.. More importantly why does anyone listen to what he says?

He stole secrets and sold them to the highest bidder... Now he is a security expert? LOL

Hopefully there is a drone somewhere with his name on it...

Back to the topic at hand.. I'd be shocked if it's not pre installed.. I'll just immediately disable it but I bet it's included..

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Agree other than he flapped his lips and said don't use it.. More importantly why does anyone listen to what he says?

He stole secrets and sold them to the highest bidder... Now he is a security expert? LOL

Back to the topic at hand.. I'd be shocked if it's not pre installed.. I'll just immediately disable it but I bet it's included..

Drone strike! LOL

Yeah the FBI can't even crack an iPhone. I am pretty confident they won't or can't crack my encrypted convos on Fi with my wife:

Wife: "Get milk on your way home"

Me: "OK"

Hey Snowden - they will get you eventually and you'll be someone's underwear model.

Allo - sure I'll try it why not. And it'll be in there, like Ragu, for certain.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Drone strike! LOL

Yeah the FBI can't even crack an iPhone. I am pretty confident they won't or can't crack my encrypted convos on Fi with my wife:

Wife: "Get milk on your way home"

Me: "OK"

Hey Snowden - they will get you eventually and you'll be someone's underwear model.

Allo - sure I'll try it why not. And it'll be in there, like Ragu, for certain.

They were able to get into the iPhone eventually.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, i was just wondering. about the privacy of the app. Even though i know marshmallow allows you to change permissions i'm still wary of my privacy with the app.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, i was just wondering. about the privacy of the app. Even though i know marshmallow allows you to change permissions i'm still wary of my privacy with the app.

I can see some nuance in much of what has been said here (with the exception, perhaps, of advocating the extrajudicial killing of an American citizen by way of a weaponized drone strike). There are some legitimate privacy concerns regarding "always listening"/discreet data gathering tech, some of which Snowden's leaks revealed. Mark Zuckerberg, by way of a second example, has apparently stated he *always* covers his laptop computers camera with tape. When ppl who are deeply immersed in this stuff share caveats like this I dont think it's unreasonable to give their points of view consideration. Doesn't mean they're always right though.

On the flip side, we technophiles are all willing participants in this brave new data driven, data-mined world. The safest bet as stated above is of course to opt out of the whole deal and just get a flip phone. I for one probably won't be on that list anytime soon, lol.

oldtimefighter

May 3, 2016
Visit site
That's why i was asking. If thats pre installed, i won't be buying it. Once Edward Snowden said no bueno. I refuse to use the app.

You won't be required to use Allo on any Nexus/Pixel phone... What are you talking about?

Why did you feel the need to make a number of statements on something you obviously know nothing about?

Snowden didn't sell anything to anyone. Well, he did work in the security sector most of life but his comments about Allo and what he mainly advocates about today is NOT in regards to security but privacy. #facepalm

I think executing a whistleblower without even being convicted of anything is a little extreme for a supposedly democratic society.

If you are really worried about privacy use Allo in incognito mode (aka end-to-end encryption) and it will be just as private as about anything else you could use out there.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
They were able to get into the iPhone eventually.

No they didn't - they had to contract it out.

Like another poster said, use the incognito end to end encryption if you're that worried. I personally could give two monkey turds if anyone intercepts my conversations about ice hockey, NFL smack talk, and **** jokes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome