HTC One (M8) GPE Order

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
No it's a stock camera app. But it uses the duo camera well

Posted via Android Central App

If you get a chance can you post a couple pics of outside. I am curious to see if the stock software and htc software utilize the camera in the same manner or possibly different

patrikr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
If you get a chance can you post a couple pics of outside. I am curious to see if the stock software and htc software utilize the camera in the same manner or possibly different

Not sure if it's against the forum rules to link to other sites talking about Android but there's a software walkthrough on Droid Life that shows how to use the HTC Photo app to utilize the UFocus feature, TV Guide etc. I also saw that HTC has posted the HTC Gallery app, not sure if it installs on the GPe though as apparently BlinkFeed doesn't.

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Ya I def will tomorrow in the afternoon! I'll take a close up and something away to compare!

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it's against the forum rules to link to other sites talking about Android but there's a software walkthrough on Droid Life that shows how to use the HTC Photo app to utilize the UFocus feature, TV Guide etc. I also saw that HTC has posted the HTC Gallery app, not sure if it installs on the GPe though as apparently BlinkFeed doesn't.

Isn't the blink feed and other HTC apps all in the play store!?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
They are but apparently the BlinkFeed app is not compatible with the GPe model, at least not yet.

And they have said that they want to make Blinkfeed compatible with more devices. So I'd assume it will work with the GPE at some point in time.

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Kind of what I figured. Not the end of the world, but thought I'd check. Thanks!

Ya! So do third party camera apps take advantage of the duo camera? Or only stock works? Cause I'm sure third party apps can take advantage of save to SD directly!

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine and man does it look nice! I do have some issues where it looks like the Chamfered edges look a bit scuffed. Not sure if I should call Google about that. Anyone else notice this? I'm definitely anal, but I did just fork out $700 for a phone, so I'd like it to be perfect if I can get it that way! Let me be the one to damage it. :)

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine and man does it look nice! I do have some issues where it looks like the Chamfered edges look a bit scuffed. Not sure if I should call Google about that. Anyone else notice this? I'm definitely anal, but I did just fork out $700 for a phone, so I'd like it to be perfect if I can get it that way! Let me be the one to damage it. :)

Can you post pictures I wanna take a look at it! Where exactly is it?

Posted via GPe M8

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Can you post pictures I wanna take a look at it! Where exactly is it?

Posted via GPe M8

I don't know if it will show up - they're pretty light but I noticed it. I'll try tomorrow anyway. It very well could just be my OCD coming out in full force. But I can't help but think if I'm forking out $700 for a phone - which is a ton of money for me - it shouldn't have a single blemish.

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Ya if you can do it! When I get home from work I'll look at my corners and phones and see if I have any. I would def call and have them send you another one if its not acceptable!

Posted via GPe M8

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Ya if you can do it! When I get home from work I'll look at my corners and phones and see if I have any. I would def call and have them send you another one if its not acceptable!

Posted via GPe M8

Here's the bottom left corner. It's small but you can feel it when you rub your finger across it. If you look closely you can see the black spots on it. There are a couple of other spots but I can't get them to take with my Nexus 5. Like I said, I'm anal, but I paid over $700 for this phone, I'd like to get one without blemishes straight from the box. uploadfromtaptalk1396974824712.jpg

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Here's the bottom left corner. It's small but you can feel it when you rub your finger across it. If you look closely you can see the black spots on it. There are a couple of other spots but I can't get them to take with my Nexus 5. Like I said, I'm anal, but I paid over $700 for this phone, I'd like to get one without blemishes straight from the box. View attachment 111426

Top left corner I see a blemish by the metal and plastic on mine. I think that's what you see also?

Posted via GPe M8

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
What's the difference ?

Top left corner I see a blemish by the metal and plastic on mine. I think that's what you see also?

Posted via GPe M8

Yeah, it's just those little black specks. You can feel that there's a scratch there when you rub your finger over it. It's easy to see in person but tough to pick up with a camera.

I'm just super anal, especially when I fork out over $700 for a phone.