Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8) GPE Order

Has anyone else ordered the HTC One (M8) Google Play Edition? I'm excited about this phone. Honestly, it's the most excited I've been about a phone since I switched from the iPhone 5 to the Nexus 4 2012. Since then I've had the GS4 GPE, Nexus 5, and Moto X. This phone though I can see myself holding on to for at least 6 months. Am I the only one excited about it? Am I the only one that dropped the $720 (next day shipping) to get one?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-26-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    Thanked by:
    SC1 likes this.

Default Re: M8 GPE Order

Quote Originally Posted by James Cortez View Post
    Has anyone else ordered the HTC One (M8) Google Play Edition? I'm excited about this phone. Honestly, it's the most excited I've been about a phone since I switched from the iPhone 5 to the Nexus 4 2012. Since then I've had the GS4 GPE, Nexus 5, and Moto X. This phone though I can see myself holding on to for at least 6 months. Am I the only one excited about it? Am I the only one that dropped the $720 (next day shipping) to get one?
    Nah, I'm pretty excited. I ordered one yesterday, too. I'm using a Nexus 5 right now. I love that phone, but I can't help but feel like it's slightly not premium. It isn't the cost, it just feels a hair above mid-range for me. One of the things I've that has tempted me about iOS is the premium feel and quality of their products - I feel like the One is up to that standard.

Ordered mine yesterday i am so excited! unhappy it says shipping 4/15 though! Switching from a nexus 5!

Quote Originally Posted by ramandeepghuman View Post
    Ordered mine yesterday i am so excited! unhappy it says shipping 4/15 though! Switching from a nexus 5!
    I haven't seen a shipping date for mine, only that it should ship in 2-3 weeks. I'm switching from a Nexus 5, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    I haven't seen a shipping date for mine, only that it should ship in 2-3 weeks. I'm switching from a Nexus 5, too.
    Ya I'm so excited finally good audio with stock android lol. My perfect device! Has anyone's shipped on here? And anyone know the hold up with these long ship dates?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: HTC One (M8) GPE Order

Hey guys! Have any of your orders shipped yet!? Or even the actual charge show up on the card?

Site indicates that the payment will not be processed until our orders have shipped. That being said, Google isn't shipping until April 15th. I was bummed to see that once I placed my order.

Hey guys! Have any of your orders shipped yet!? Or even the actual charge show up on the card?

I just saw that it's "leaving the warehouse" on April 15th. So I haven't been charged yet. I was really hoping the 2-3 week delay was just an overshoot and it would really only be a week or so. Looks like it's going to be 3 weeks.

I just saw that it's "leaving the warehouse" on April 15th. So I haven't been charged yet. I was really hoping the 2-3 week delay was just an overshoot and it would really only be a week or so. Looks like it's going to be 3 weeks.
    Ya same here right after I ordered it shows 4/15 but still no charge I'm hoping this week it ships! Wonder what the hold up is

Good news my card just got charged again! theres some progress! hopefully it ships tomorrow!

Good news my card just got charged again! theres some progress! hopefully it ships tomorrow!
    Hmm, I'll have to check mine. Maybe it's finally on the way!

Hmm, I'll have to check mine. Maybe it's finally on the way!
    Mine set to arrive today! It shipped yesterday I guess!! I had one day shipping with it so its on the truck for delivery!!!

Mine arrived this morning, just activated it on T-Mobile. So awesome

Quote Originally Posted by deeler View Post
    Mine arrived this morning, just activated it on T-Mobile. So awesome
    Do tell about it. I still haven't got notice of shipment.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Mine is out for delivery. It's suppose to be delivered in the next 20 minutes. I doubt I'll get it by then, but some time today for sure. Has anyone that got theres yet tested to see if the tap on trick works? I had a GPe S4 so I know that its "stock" android. But I also know that some manufacturer modifications are still baked in (Duo Camera, Boom Sound, etc.).

Mine is out for delivery. It's suppose to be delivered in the next 20 minutes. I doubt I'll get it by then, but some time today for sure. Has anyone that got theres yet tested to see if the tap on trick works? I had a GPe S4 so I know that its "stock" android. But I also know that some manufacturer modifications are still baked in (Duo Camera, Boom Sound, etc.).
    Using the dot view case. Works like a charm! Its pretty cool just one bad thing is holding it in one hand with the case. Feels weird! But the speakers and screen are amazing!

This. Would be great to know how many of the HTC features work with the GPe model like tap-to-wake, dual camera etc.

Quote Originally Posted by patrikr View Post
    This. Would be great to know how many of the HTC features work with the GPe model like tap-to-wake, dual camera etc.
    Double tap works to wake up shut the phone off. Dual camera works also. Boom sound and also the infrared for universal remote!

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Double tap works to wake up shut the phone off. Dual camera works also. Boom sound and also the infrared for universal remote!

Just got mine I can confirm that all of these work as well. This is a huge jump from the GPe from last year. I'm very impressed. Loving this phone so far. The only other thing that I wish was included was the battery management. But I reckon I can do without it. By far this is my favorite phone, and I've had quite a few (Moto X, Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 GPe, Nexus 4, iPhone 5 just since Sept 2012).

This is AWESOME news!! Makes me even happier with my purchase now. Just wish it would get here. I ordered it as soon as it was available but haven't seen anything about shipping yet.

Does it use the htc camera app for taking pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by jev425 View Post
    Does it use the htc camera app for taking pictures?
    No it's a stock camera app. But it uses the duo camera well

No it's a stock camera app. But it uses the duo camera well

If you get a chance can you post a couple pics of outside. I am curious to see if the stock software and htc software utilize the camera in the same manner or possibly different

If you get a chance can you post a couple pics of outside. I am curious to see if the stock software and htc software utilize the camera in the same manner or possibly different
    Not sure if it's against the forum rules to link to other sites talking about Android but there's a software walkthrough on Droid Life that shows how to use the HTC Photo app to utilize the UFocus feature, TV Guide etc. I also saw that HTC has posted the HTC Gallery app, not sure if it installs on the GPe though as apparently BlinkFeed doesn't.

Ya I def will tomorrow in the afternoon! I'll take a close up and something away to compare!

jev425 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast