Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sold Out

https://play.google.com/store/device...d=htc_m8&hl=en

We are out of inventory. Please check back soon.

How long does it usually take to get more stock?

Default Re: Sold Out

I'm hoping soon. I'm waiting to get the phone.

Wow. I can't believe it's sold out. Kind of surprising actually. I have one and I'm still debating on keeping it or going back to my Nexus.

I couldn't wait. I ordered an unlocked M8 from Amazon. It has Sense 6.0 but I'm hoping that it won't be too hard to remove it if I don't like it. Pure google is such a good experience I wish more manufacturers defaulted to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    Wow. I can't believe it's sold out. Kind of surprising actually. I have one and I'm still debating on keeping it or going back to my Nexus.
    why's that?

Quote Originally Posted by jeromenumbers View Post
    why's that?
    I didn't think at that price that they'd be sold out. And I'm debating on it because I don't know if it's worth the extra $300 over the Nexus 5. There are some benefits to the GPE M8. But I'm not sure it's worth that much extra money.

In your case, I would wait for the new Nexus to make the decision to go with the M8 or not. I heard ppl saying that the new LG will be awesome too.

Getting really annoyed with lack of inventory. Tempted to get unlocked and then switch to GPE. Did that on the M7, but I really don't have time now. Does anyone have any idea when Google will have more in stock?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by amroa View Post
    Getting really annoyed with lack of inventory. Tempted to get unlocked and then switch to GPE. Did that on the M7, but I really don't have time now. Does anyone have any idea when Google will have more in stock?

Posted via Android Central App
    I haven't heard anything. I have one that I'll be selling soon. Had to get a replacement for some wifi issues. So it'll be brand new. They have replacements in stock, that's all I know.

So, I finally ordered the Developer Edition and did the conversion to GPe. Worked like a champ, and I'm even rooted.
    EWY

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

HTC One M8 is available agian. I just ordered mine a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EWY View Post
    HTC One M8 is available agian. I just ordered mine a few minutes ago.
    Just saw that. I wonder why it was out of stock for so long? I had some issues with the sound on my first one that I returned. I wonder if they were doing some QC on them?

I knew it. The day I got my Developer Edition. Oh, well. I converted it to GPe, and I travel out of the country tomorrow so it all worked out. Love this phone. I even had the M7 which I thought was nice. This is really good and battery runtime is nearly twice the M7.
    EWY

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Just saw that. I wonder why it was out of stock for so long? I had some issues with the sound on my first one that I returned. I wonder if they were doing some QC on them?
    I held off ordering and did not get on the first wave for the reason that I’ve been burnt so many times being an early adaptor. I have Blackberry Playbook, EXOPC tablet and other devices that are now just taking spaces in my closet. I have a Nexus 4 and I ordered it on the 2nd wave. Good phone but battery life is terrible. It would not last a day. I have to carry a power bank to top it up if I stay out. Love the Stock Android though. I hope this HTC One M8 GPe would do better in the battery life department.

I held off ordering and did not get on the first wave for the reason that I’ve been burnt so many times being an early adaptor. I have Blackberry Playbook, EXOPC tablet and other devices that are now just taking spaces in my closet. I have a Nexus 4 and I ordered it on the 2nd wave. Good phone but battery life is terrible. It would not last a day. I have to carry a power bank to top it up if I stay out. Love the Stock Android though. I hope this HTC One M8 GPe would do better in the battery life department.
    Just wondering, but did you - or anyone else who ordered in the 2nd wave of devices - get a confirmation on shipping yet? It says shipping by the 9th, but I remember the first time around, they all shipped prior to the date they were supposed to. I went ahead and ordered another one. I'm going back one more time to the M8.

Oh, and battery life is phenomenal. Easily made it through the day where I need to spot charge my Nexus 5 most days.
    EWY

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Just wondering, but did you - or anyone else who ordered in the 2nd wave of devices - get a confirmation on shipping yet? It says shipping by the 9th, but I remember the first time around, they all shipped prior to the date they were supposed to. I went ahead and ordered another one. I'm going back one more time to the M8.

Oh, and battery life is phenomenal. Easily made it through the day where I need to spot charge my Nexus 5 most days.
    No Shipping info and not billed. Google sent an email and stated that I would not be billed until the phone is shipped. As far as I know, it is schedule to be shipped on the 9th.

No Shipping info and not billed. Google sent an email and stated that I would not be billed until the phone is shipped. As far as I know, it is schedule to be shipped on the 9th.
    Yeah I got the same email. The first time around they all said to be shipped by the 14th of April and I got mine well before that date. Sure wish I didn't get rid of it now...
    EWY

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Yeah I got the same email. The first time around they all said to be shipped by the 14th of April and I got mine well before that date. Sure wish I didn't get rid of it now...
    Just got an emaill from Google Play. My M8 GPE just shipped. It left Louisville, KY, 05/06/2014 1:06 A.M. Instead of shipping on the 9th, it is scheduled for delivery on the 9th.

Just got an emaill from Google Play. My M8 GPE just shipped. It left Louisville, KY, 05/06/2014 1:06 A.M. Instead of shipping on the 9th, it is scheduled for delivery on the 9th.
    Did you get yours yet? Mine is scheduled for delivery today, but I only live about 350 miles from Louisville. I typically get things overnighted once they actually ship.
    EWY

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Did you get yours yet? Mine is scheduled for delivery today, but I only live about 350 miles from Louisville. I typically get things overnighted once they actually ship.
    I am in So Cal. It is about 2,100 Miles from Louisville, KY. UPS still shows delivery on the 9th which is tomorrow. Well, at least I got to play with my new toy over the weekend.

I am in So Cal. It is about 2,100 Miles from Louisville, KY. UPS still shows delivery on the 9th which is tomorrow. Well, at least I got to play with my new toy over the weekend.
    Don't be too jealous of me. I got mine today and had to immediately return it. It had some scuffs on the back of the phone right out of the package. I wonder if they even have someone check these things. It wasn't even me being super picky. I'm just not going to deal with that on a $700 phone.

Don't be too jealous of me. I got mine today and had to immediately return it. It had some scuffs on the back of the phone right out of the package. I wonder if they even have someone check these things. It wasn't even me being super picky. I'm just not going to deal with that on a $700 phone.
    I ordered mine on Friday night. I was tossed between keeping my Note 3 and getting this. Still on the fence but I am sick of touchwiz and Samsungs move towards tizen.

Scuff marks are unacceptable, espically on a $700 phone
    Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    I ordered mine on Friday night. I was tossed between keeping my Note 3 and getting this. Still on the fence but I am sick of touchwiz and Samsungs move towards tizen.

Scuff marks are unacceptable, espically on a $700 phone
    Yeah. It was like it had been rubbed up against something. Not TERRIBLE, but I wasn't OK with it on this phone. Hopefully the next one is good.

I love stock and I'm sick of skinned phones, too. They just don't add enough for me anymore. And I agree that all Samsung seems to be doing is setting people up to just buy a "Galaxy" regardless of what OS is on it. Their skin is garbage, in my opinion. It slows down what should be a lightning fast phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    EWY

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

I would have return the phone too if I find scuffs, especially we are paying full price for a new phone. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope mine would be OK.

I would have return the phone too if I find scuffs, especially we are paying full price for a new phone. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope mine would be OK.
    Keep us posted. I can't wait to get one without some issues. This is such a great phone. Exactly what I want.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast