Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike McQuaid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Delayed MMS

Hello,
    I went from a carrier HTC One M7 (att) to GPE M8, I am noticing extreme delays in receiving pic/audio messages. Also, when I send one, it takes a very long time for the far end to get the pic/audio.

Same carrier. Same plan, same result on WiFi or carrier mobile data network.

Any ideas on resolution will be much appreciated.

Sent from my HTC_M8 Google Play Edition

Default Re: Delayed MMS

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McQuaid View Post
    Hello,
    I went from a carrier HTC One M7 (att) to GPE M8, I am noticing extreme delays in receiving pic/audio messages. Also, when I send one, it takes a very long time for the far end to get the pic/audio.

Same carrier. Same plan, same result on WiFi or carrier mobile data network.
    Which carrier and SMS/MMS app are you using? I'm using Textra on T-Mobile and haven't had any problems.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Chomp SMS on ATT.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by patrikr View Post
    Which carrier and SMS/MMS app are you using? I'm using Textra on T-Mobile and haven't had any problems.
    Thanks very much. I downloaded textra, and my MMS went through right away.

Many thanks.

patrikr likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

OK. I may have spoke to soon. I am still unable to send or receive MMS. Well, I got on yesterday, but it was sent to me on Tuesday. I've downloaded the stock messaging app after chomp and textra both fail for sending and receiving pics. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 GPE

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McQuaid View Post
    OK. I may have spoke to soon. I am still unable to send or receive MMS. Well, I got on yesterday, but it was sent to me on Tuesday. I've downloaded the stock messaging app after chomp and textra both fail for sending and receiving pics. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 GPE
    I have an issue with not getting MMS pics from iPhones. I use Hangouts, but it doesn't really work with anything else that I have installed, either. I can't figure out what the problem is.

Same here. I've tried Textra, HelloSMS and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    I have an issue with not getting MMS pics from iPhones. I use Hangouts, but it doesn't really work with anything else that I have installed, either. I can't figure out what the problem is.
    Did you previously own an iPhone? If so you've got to sign back in and disable iMessage.

Sent from my Google Play Edition M8

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.worth View Post
    Did you previously own an iPhone? If so you've got to sign back in and disable iMessage.

Sent from my Google Play Edition M8
    Yeah, I did. Over a year ago. Never had that issue until I went to a Nexus device. I got on Apple and changed my ID and whatever other crap I'd been told to do. All is good now.
    Thanked by: