Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By el3ctronics
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts

Default anyone replaced their Nexus5 with m8 gpe?

I have the n5 and I've been very interested in getting the new HTC one.

I'm curious to know if others made the switch and how they feel about it. I've been reading that it has amazing battery life. I use to have a note 2 and I really missed the battery on it when I got the N5.

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: anyone replaced their Nexus5 with m8 gpe?

Quote Originally Posted by hnguyen View Post

I'm curious to know if others made the switch and how they feel about it. I've been reading that it has amazing battery life. I use to have a note 2 and I really missed the battery on it when I got the N5.

We I would say as far as the switching is concerned I would say switching to the M8 is good decision at all, what you are experiencing with the Google Android will completely change when you move yourself to the HTC. I am sure there is just a lot to be discovered with the HTC M8 I would say instead of thinking about it more .... just go and get one.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    what you are experiencing with the Google Android will completely change when you move yourself to the HTC.
    Like what? They both use the same version of android.

Quote Originally Posted by hnguyen View Post

It's a great switch. The only downside is the camera. But it honestly isn't that much worse. Battery life is phenomenal, screen is gorgeous, and the speakers are awesome. Well worth it, in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Briggs View Post
    Like what? They both use the same version of android.
    No I am not talking about the same version thing in fact I am talking about the look and feel in nexus the navigation across is much more different than the HTC one !

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    No I am not talking about the same version thing in fact I am talking about the look and feel in nexus the navigation across is much more different than the HTC one !
    The look and feel of different phones "differs", of course. it just comes down to personal preference, nothing more. The Nexus 5 still has top specs and will be a great phone for a good while. We can all be happy with our choices, if we choose "flagship" type phones. It's all good. We all win since we are Android fans.

I think the HTC mini is best in my research some review i have written on my blog as well
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    852 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

I switched to the HTC M8 twice from the Nexus 5 since it came out early in April. I hate the camera but I love the battery life in comparison to the Nexus 5. You can't really take pictures with a dead battery anyway, its a little less comfortable to hold in my hand but overall the screen is better speakers are better and my phone doesn't have to live in the charger.

Sent from my Google Play Edition M8

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.worth View Post
    I switched to the HTC M8 twice from the Nexus 5 since it came out early in April. I hate the camera but I love the battery life in comparison to the Nexus 5. You can't really take pictures with a dead battery anyway, its a little less comfortable to hold in my hand but overall the screen is better speakers are better and my phone doesn't have to live in the charger.

Sent from my Google Play Edition M8
    I've done the same thing. And I still want the Nexus. There's just something about it. I can kill any phone, and I occasionally have to charge the M8 in the evening, but it does have better battery life. I also don't like the size over the Nexus. It's considerably larger and less comfortable to hold. But I agree about the screen and speakers. That's obvious. And the camera is also much worse. But it still takes OK pics.
    Thanked by:

Switched from the Nexus 5 to an AT&T HTC One M8 which has since been converted to a Google Play Edition. Not looking back!
    bilalsattar24 likes this.

Thanks for the info. I've been debating rather to drop my iPhone for a android. BUT... note 3 or M8?

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

if anything i think the note 3. lol

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I have regular htc one m8, rooted with skydragon rom installed and battery life is much much better than with sense. Only had the phone for a week but with sense my battery had to be charged 2x a day. If you want a phone with best battety life, get huawei mate ascend 2. It doesn't have highest specs, screen is 720p, but battery suppose to last 2 days and is $300 unlocked.