Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Insurance for HTC M8 Google Play Edition?

Does anyone know if there is any way you can get insurance on an M8 GPE? I love this phone, but I'm so paranoid about breaking it or damaging it and without any insurance, I just destroyed a $700+ investment. Is there anything available? I'm on AT&T and I think they don't provide their insurance on phones bought on Google Play.

Default Re: Insurance for HTC M8 Google Play Edition?

If I remember the last round of GPE phones you were able to get insurance/warranty through the OEM but not the carrier. Don't quote me on that but I believe that was the way it went down.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    If I remember the last round of GPE phones you were able to get insurance/warranty through the OEM but not the carrier. Don't quote me on that but I believe that was the way it went down.
    Yeah, it's got a warranty through Google Play and HTC. But do you know if there is a way to purchase an extended warranty or anything like that?

Not sure TBH.

If you come up with a solid answer please do share.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I may contact Google tomorrow if I don't get an answer on here by then. I'll make sure to update if I figure something out.
    Paul627g likes this.

Have you tried square trade for your extended warranty?

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I know it's been awhile, but it appears that Square Trade might be the only option. Not sure how that would work, though.

I recently got an HTC One M8 GPE and did some research and found a few companies offering extended warranty and insurance. Unfortunately most non carrier insurance companies have attractive prices with very shoddy service and track record.

It came down to either Worth Ave Group who covers, accidental damage and includes coverage for theft (big bonus) but does not cover if you lose the device and Square Trade who covers accidental damage but does not cover loss or theft. Based on multiple reviews from different sites I decided to go with Square Trade since it was very difficult to find any bad reviews about how the company handles claims while other companies had very disturbing reviews both on BBB and other sites.

At the end of the day, you get insurance for piece of mind and what good is that if the company insuring you cannot replace or handle your claim in a professional and prompt manner. Hope this helps everyone out.

Thanks!

-GCBHD

Posted via Android Central App
    Wildo6882 likes this.