Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    EWY

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Default Meaningful Android 4.4.3 improvement on M8 GPE.

I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile when I got my HPC One M8 GPE. From Day one, I was having issue with signals inside buildings. The signal varies all over the place at work. In my office, I was getting one bar of 3G or H and sometimes no signal. I was thinking of going back to AT&T when I updated 4.4.3 a couple of days ago on both of my Nexus 4 and M8 GPE.
    Right away, I noticed that the signal strength is getting better on my M8. I am now getting 2 bars of H most of the time in my office. I am picking up LTE signal at places where there were none. I do not have SIM in my N4 now and uses WIFI to connect only. For the N4, I have two WIFI connections set up at home and at my neighbor. When I was at my home, the signal from my neighbor is very weak. However, since the update, my neighbor’s signal is getting stronger. I deleted my neighbor’s WIFI setting up on my M8 during set up and did not bother to set it up again and hence cannot verify if the WIFI signal is better on the M8 but I would expect it would.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    EWY

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Default Re: Meaningful Android 4.4.3 improvement on M8 GPE.

I also noticed that swapping across the screen and lifting the finger would wake up the phone. This is easier than the double tap. I am not sure this feature was on the GPE before.