I had a Nexus 5 but had to return it because I could never hold or keep an LTE signal while my other phones all had no problem holding two bars of ATT LTE. Has anyone had LTE reception issues like I experienced with the Nexus 5 but on their HTC One GPE?
- 06-22-2014, 10:28 PM #2
- 06-22-2014, 10:41 PM #3
I think that probably depends more on your service provider than on the phone itself. Using a converted m8 on t-mobile and it's the best signal I've ever had. Right now in the mancave it's sitting at -94dBm which is even better than my g2 was on verizon. Though to be honest, in Boston, we are swimming in cellular radiation
- 07-15-2014, 11:15 PM #4
- 07-16-2014, 08:01 AM #5
Hey, I use the stock one included in the conversion. I agree that if you go by the amount of bars shown it seems worse but checking the actually signal strength shows they are pretty much the same. For example Sense shows 4 bars for -100dBm signal while gpe shows 2 bars. I think the stock rom/radios like to slightly exaggerate the bars a bit.
You can check the actual signal strength in About Phone/Status/Signal Strength
- By somerussianguy in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 06-26-2014, 11:18 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 06-21-2014, 06:00 AM
- By Batman8888 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 9Last Post: 06-19-2014, 10:53 PM
- By Cnorris92 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 06-13-2014, 10:14 AM
- By Casey Cheung in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 06-12-2014, 02:47 PM