Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts

Default Reception

I had a Nexus 5 but had to return it because I could never hold or keep an LTE signal while my other phones all had no problem holding two bars of ATT LTE. Has anyone had LTE reception issues like I experienced with the Nexus 5 but on their HTC One GPE?

Default Re: Reception

Quote Originally Posted by giper54 View Post
    I had a Nexus 5 but had to return it because I could never hold or keep an LTE signal while my other phones all had no problem holding two bars of ATT LTE. Has anyone had LTE reception issues like I experienced with the Nexus 5 but on their HTC One GPE?
    For what it's worth, in my time with both phones, the M8 held a better signal.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I think that probably depends more on your service provider than on the phone itself. Using a converted m8 on t-mobile and it's the best signal I've ever had. Right now in the mancave it's sitting at -94dBm which is even better than my g2 was on verizon. Though to be honest, in Boston, we are swimming in cellular radiation

Quote Originally Posted by Zahl View Post
    I think that probably depends more on your service provider than on the phone itself. Using a converted m8 on t-mobile and it's the best signal I've ever had. Right now in the mancave it's sitting at -94dBm which is even better than my g2 was on verizon. Though to be honest, in Boston, we are swimming in cellular radiation
    I also have a converted M8 on T-Mobile. What radio did you use? I found that after the conversion, my signal isn't as good. I never lose LTE, but it has less bars than I had with Sense.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Hey, I use the stock one included in the conversion. I agree that if you go by the amount of bars shown it seems worse but checking the actually signal strength shows they are pretty much the same. For example Sense shows 4 bars for -100dBm signal while gpe shows 2 bars. I think the stock rom/radios like to slightly exaggerate the bars a bit.
    You can check the actual signal strength in About Phone/Status/Signal Strength