Boomsound vs Sense

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a T-Moble M8 that I converted to GPE. It is an actual conversion, not a ROM. It might just be me, but the boom sound speakers sound quieter than they did on Sense. I don't have another M8 to compare it to. Am I just crazy or has anyone else noticed this?

shenfrey

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Whats the difference between a conversion and a rom? Sorry I have just switched to Android and was thinking about turning my HTC One M8 into a google play edition phone.

benbailey84

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Whats the difference between a conversion and a rom? Sorry I have just switched to Android and was thinking about turning my HTC One M8 into a google play edition phone.

Conversion changes everything to gpe. Boot loader, radio, partition sizes. Basically if you convert to gpe you can't flash sense based Roms due to the partition size. You would have to run the sense based firmware again to gain that extra system size back.
But honestly I converted mine the other day and I love it. Its honestly so easy to convert. There are ways to do it without a PC (although I don't recommend doing it that way if you are new to the whole android scene).
Posted via the Android Central App

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea the sound quality is not as good as with HTC boom sound. I did the same conversion (coming from an AT&T M8) and it was one of the drawbacks. It's a minor thing for me as I already have 5.0.1 installed. That'll take forever with carrier branded M8s.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh and yea, you lose boom sound essentially. Its a software codec or whatever unique to HTC software.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance