Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Don't know what to do

Hey, so I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, & just recently started having problems. When I try to sign in at the Google play store, I get a message saying 'Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services.' At first I thought it was my internet connection but my internet works fine. So because I can't sign in, I can't download any apps or even look at any apps, the play store just doesn't work at all. I also can't sign in to my youtube account on the youtube app. Does anyone know how I can fix this, or why it's happening??

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts

Default Re: Don't know what to do

I would create a second gmail account and try logging in with that account. If that works then there is some problem with your password. Another thing to try is logging into play store from your PC.
    Galaxy S5 16GB Not Rooted
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.4.4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried logging in with a different account, but that didn't work either. Also, I could sign in to the play store on my computer with no problems, so it must be something wrong with my phone?

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jivif548 View Post
    I tried logging in with a different account, but that didn't work either. Also, I could sign in to the play store on my computer with no problems, so it must be something wrong with my phone?
    So at this point I think you have to try a battery pull and then try logging in. If that does not fix it then settings>application manager(swipe to the all)>Google Play Store then clear data and clear cache.
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.4.4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Nope, still not working I tried both things, it's not just the play store, it's all apps that need a google account

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts

If your phone provider doesn't have any better suggestions then a factory restore would be what I would do (make sure you have a backup of all your data).
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.4.4
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I just did a factory reset, it didn't work... :/

Quote Originally Posted by jivif548 View Post
    I just did a factory reset, it didn't work... :/
    If you did a factory reset, did it make you go through phone set up where you could input your account information again? Try deleting the account in your phone settings and adding it back?

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.