Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Wallet & Play Store - Account Verification

All,

I was recently trying to make a purchase from the Play store, but my transaction errored out. No message, just said that there was an error. I got an email that says Google failed to verify my account and that I need to provide a copy of a recent utility bill and government ID. Are they serious??

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,868 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

Default Re: Google Wallet & Play Store - Account Verification

Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah View Post
    All,

I was recently trying to make a purchase from the Play store, but my transaction errored out. No message, just said that there was an error. I got an email that says Google failed to verify my account and that I need to provide a copy of a recent utility bill and government ID. Are they serious??

Why don't you email support directly and ask what this is about? You will get more help doing it that way.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I did that already. No response yet. Trying to see if anyone else has been through something similar.

They're serious, although insane. I have a similar problem, and got the same lack of response. I've actually created 3 accounts, tried to purchase the Chromebook Pixel LTE with three different (totally valid) credit cards. Each time the order gets cancelled with no reason given, and they require the verification process with the Gov't ID and a secondary document like a utility bill. The other bad part is the 3-5 day wait to find out it it worked. Nobody takes 3 days to do anything anymore. All I want to do is buy a freaking tablet! They need to sell it through Best Buy or somebody that understands how to do retail. Stick with the search engine, Google.

Yeap I am having same problem.
    Google thinks they are police or something? Customer representatives I have contacted keep repeating that they have to verify my ID.
    Are you serious? let visa or mastercard verfiy my id when I give them my credit card infomation and billing address
    No may I am scanning my id and sending it to google
    I am so disappointed with Google and I am switching to Iphone f*** it