1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Error [DF-PFA-02]

Hello all,

I just got my Nexus 4 today, have it up and running with Straight Talk (AT&T), still totally stock on 4.2.2.
    Play Store app is on version 3.10.14

Trying to open up the Play Store but I'm getting this error...
    "Error retrieving information from server. [DF-PFA-02]"

Any clues on why this might be happening or how I might solve it and get back to the normal Play Store home screen?
    Haven't found anything on the forums or much anywhere else online.

Other notes:
    I've tried clearing the data, clearing the cache, uninstalling updates, rebooting the phone. Nothing seems to work so far.
    Tried connecting on WiFi and on AT&T data.
    I'm still able to do searches for apps and download them, as well as updating apps by clicking "my apps". If I'm looking at "Installed" and I click <My Apps, it also takes me back to the error message instead of the regular Play Store home.
    Other Google apps seem to work just fine.

Much thanks guys.

Default Re: Error [DF-PFA-02]

I have the same error on my nexus 7.

I have the same issue on my Galaxy Note 2...just started yesterday night. I've tried data clearing, cache clearing, etc. I am still able to update my apps though and I can still search too. Hopefully it's an issue with Google and not my phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Checked again this morning... still getting the error.
    Thanked by:

I can click my favorites, search, ect. Looks like only the front page is hosed. The other Nexus 7 in the house rcved the new play store update last night. So I cleared the data and uninstalled the update, rebooted. And then.........still had the error. A small pox on you Google.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, Centro(AT&T), Palm Pre Plus(AT&T), Nook Color, HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note(AT&T), Nexus 7 (32), Nexus 4 (16)

Having the same issue on my galaxy s4 so cleared cache /reset no luck same issue it on 3.0....so I I have a solution for now download new Google play store 4.0.25 apk.file from droid life and it works now make sure in settings /security/unknown sources/ is check.good luck here's the link
    Last edited by kcraiderz; 05-02-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Thank you for the solution!
    I found and downloaded the latest Google Play Store. v4.0.27 and now the Play Store is working again!

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Having the same problem on my EVO 3D. But only when trying to access Play Music.

3VO via ACF

HTC EVO 4G (cracked screen) > HTC EVO3D (eventual insurance replacement)
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer - 16gb
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer Dock

I took the nuclear option with a factory rest. Fixed it and got the new play store too.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, Centro(AT&T), Palm Pre Plus(AT&T), Nook Color, HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note(AT&T), Nexus 7 (32), Nexus 4 (16)

I have same issue on my nexus 7 except I can open all of the play store sections except for the play music section.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I didn't get around to sideloading the most up to date version of the Play Store, but it must have updated on its own. The error is now gone and I have the normal homescreen of the app now.

So if you get this problem, maybe just wait a couple days and it will fix itself?
    Thanked by: